Search for content in message boards

Sinclair, Thomas and Whitford, Elizabeth, Fairford, Manitoba

Sinclair, Thomas and Whitford, Elizabeth, Fairford, Manitoba

Posted: 30 Apr 2009 1:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sinclair, Whitford, Kennedy
I am looking for anyone who might have knowledge of Thomas Sinclair and his wife, Elizabeth Whitford. Thomas and Elizabeth were married in 1858 at St. Peters, Manitoba. They were living in the Fairford area during the 1881 census. I do not know the parents of Thomas. Elizabeth's father was Joseph Whitford and her mother was, Ellen Kennedy.

Thomas and Elizabeth had the following children: Alexander (born 1872), Jeremiah (born 1874), Caroline (born 1866), Elizabeth (born 1860), Thomas, William, Ellen Agatha (born 1869), Ann Harriet (born 1876) and Samuel.

Elizabeth Sinclair married George Starr and had the following children: Elizabeth Agatha, Alexander Thomas and Louisa Christine. Ellen Agatha married Alexander Letandre, Caroline married Charles Mayo and (Ann) Harriet married Hugh McDonald.

I am looking for descendants of this family or anyone with further information about them.

Many thanks,

Heather

Re: Sinclair, Thomas and Whitford, Elizabeth, Fairford, Manitoba

Posted: 5 Jan 2012 12:38PM GMT
May I ask why it's possible that I'm related elizabeth whitford I don't know much but I'm related to a former whitford & she gave me this website

Re: SINCLAIR , Thomas and WHITFORD , Elizabeth, Fairford, Manitoba

Posted: 5 Jan 2012 10:53PM GMT
Surnames: SINCLAIR, WHITFORD, STARR,LETANDRE, MAYO, McDONALD
Do you have Registration of Death for Thomas SINCLAIR - This may show the names of parents if known to the informant.
Parents of Elizabeth WHITFORD were Joseph WHITFORD and Ellen WHITFORD nee KENNEDY

You know children
Elizabeth SINCLAIR married George STARR
Ellen Agatha SINCLAIR married Alexandr LETANDRE
Caroline SINCLAIR married Charles MAYO
Harriet married Hugh McDONALD

are you in contact with any of the above families ?
Do you know if any stayed in Manitoba ?
Perhaps family member/s may have sumitted family history/stories to a Local History book project.
Cheers, Stella

Posted: 6 Jan 2012 7:22AM GMT
I'm not sure but my grams maiden name is whitford and we know we come from there like I said I got my info from a long distant relative & my mother dosent know anything her mother stopped talking to her side years ago but I can give u a name of someone who might know the only contact I have of her is on Facebook & her name is Elaine fallang from Montana other than that I can't tell you much sorry & if u do get in contact with her please dont give out my name thanks I would really appreciate it.

Posted: 19 Oct 2013 12:11AM GMT
As far as I know im the great great grandson of alexandre Letandre, my gran was laura letander, daughter of william john letander, son of alexandre.... i also have census records showing alexandre letandre's wife being a woman named elizabeth... i have been told her last name might of been Ryle... im still trying to figure it out... josh lacquette
per page

Find a board about a specific topic