Search for content in message boards

Cragg research

Cragg research

Stan Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Coulter, Cragg, Pogue, McCracken
Searching for descendants of James Coulter & Mary Victoria Cragg circa.1870 Family moved from Minden to Michigan, Manitoulin Island,and finally Manitoba

Coulter

Gerrie (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coulter, Scott
I have a James Coulter who was a brother to my ggrandfather, John William Coulter b. 1866 Cty Sligo, Ireland, d. 1949 in Ontario, buried in Wawanesa, MB.

Coulter

Andrea Garcia (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: coulter, buchanan, willerton, scott, belfour, watson
I have a James Coulter came from Ireland to Listowel Ontario to Neepawa Manitoba then to Saskatchewan. Had a brother David & 2 sisters Jane & Sarah. He married Ann Jane McElvany in Listowel May 23 1877. They had four children Elizabeth, Mary, John & Margaret.

Coulters

Gerrie (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Where in Ireland did James come from? My ggrandfather came from Sligo Cty. Apparently he also had 2 sisters here in Canada, both in Elgin MB, unfortuately I only have married names without their initials. Both were married to Reids.

Re: Coulter

Posted: 5 Mar 2002 4:04AM GMT
Edited: 5 Mar 2002 4:45AM GMT
We have a John Coulter that had a brother James,Thomas,George.A sister Florealla that went to england and died in 1943.They migrated from Ireland to canada or maine.Maybe there's a link.

Re: Cragg research

Posted: 7 Oct 2002 10:35PM GMT
Surnames: COULTER
Stan, I am trying to help a chap out in the States with some research. He has a James Coulter and wife Mary Anne Cragg, children James, Marry Anne,Alfred who lived in Coulter, Manitoba in 1901. I happened to have come from that vicinity and I do know the village was named after a Coulter family. I now live six hours from there and will not be able to visit graveyard until spring. Send me an e-mail at alberta@mb.sympatico.ca and possibly these are the people I am looking for. Thanks.

Re: Cragg research

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 5:15AM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2005 11:49PM GMT
Surnames: Coulter, Cragg
Hi Alberta,

I too am looking at James Coulter and Mary Cragg. I have a death certificate from Thomas Coulter listing John James Coulter b. Ireland, and Mary Victoria Cragg b. Ireland, as his parents.

Email address change

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 5:16AM GMT
The address is spowers@ocol.com

Re: Cragg research_OOOPS

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 5:23AM GMT
sorry... a long night of researching. and I goofed!! I do know of some people looking for Robert Coulter and Mary Victoria Cragg... and I am in the process of linking them to my Thomas Coulter (parents John James and Mary Ann Lyttle). In my excitement and tirednessI linked them all! *grin* I think I'm going to get some sleep now.

Re: Coulter

Posted: 20 Oct 2003 8:39PM GMT
Surnames: Coulter
I have a Thomas Coulter who came from Ireland. He had at least one brother who lived in Manitoba who was a farmer. That is all the information I have for now.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic