Search for content in message boards

Obit lookup in New Haven?

Obit lookup in New Haven?

Posted: 1516718129000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Warner
Would anyone local to the city of New Haven be willing to do an obit lookup for me?

I’m looking for Norwood Warner who died on 9-18-1985. He is buried in Beaverdale Memorial Park in New Haven. SSDI lists his last residence as Cromwell so I wasn’t quite sure where the obit would have been published.

Thanks in advance.
Sue

Re: Obit lookup in New Haven?

Posted: 1516910468000
Edited: 1516911324000
Found his death notice in the NY Times dated Sep 20, 1985, page A20 and the wedding notice of daughter Beverly in the Hartford Courant dated Aug 17, 1958, page 5E (see the attached).

As you probably already know his son was named Bertram.

Also found this wedding notice for daughter J. Loire Warner:

January 16, 1954
The Portsmouth Herald from Portsmouth, New Hampshire · Page 8
J. Loire Warner Engaged to Wed
MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Mr. and Mrs. Norwood A. Warner of this city announce the engagement of their daughter, Miss J. Loire Warner, to Lt. Robert R. Leavitt, USA, son of Mr. and Mrs. Harold I Leavitt of 33 Woodman Ave., Durham, N.H. Miss Warner was graduated from Davis High School and the University of New Hampshire where she was a member of Theta Upsilon sorority. She is a teacher in Lawrence. Lt. Leavitt is a graduate of Phillips Academy, Andover, Mass., and the University of New Hampshire. His fraternity is Alpha Tau Omega. Lt. Leavitt is an instructor of radar maintenance at the Army Artillery School, Fort Bliss, Tex.
Attachments:

Re: Obit lookup in New Haven?

Posted: 1516920198000
Thank you so much. I really appreciate this!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic