Search for content in message boards

seeking dod and location for jacob Myers of germany

seeking dod and location for jacob Myers of germany

Posted: 1500665906000
Classification: Query

I found in 1875 c in bethel a Jacob myers
Do not know if he is the one i am researching.
From ancestry research Jacob Myers b.c1828 Germany and wife Mary Frenner
had sons Jacob b.1861 and Isaac (b.3/18/1851ny)
1900c of new haven has Isaac with his children jennie,Celia, Adelaide,Charlotte, Gertrude, Frederick, and Hiram. Most of them are interred in beaversdale .parkcem. I think Jacob 's dod may be between 1875 and 1880.
hoping someone has access to city directory or other source.
Advice very welcome.

Re: seeking dod and location for jacob Myers of germany

Posted: 1506545558000
Classification: Query
Not sure whether you have found the following info: Isaac Myers death/burial in New Haven 1917 in Evergreen Cemetery (www.evergreencem.org). You can contact the cemetery via email-form on their website & they will attempt to provide you with whatever info they have on file. The fact that the family has used two diff cemeteries was probably due to finances & availability of plots at the time of death. Isaac's widow Jennie was listed in 1940 census living with her married daughter Jennie Mahoney. An ancestry hint shows a public family tree named Genealogy that includes Isaac & Jennie as well as their children and Isaac's father Jakob. The member-owner believes that Jakob was a Civil War vet & died & buried in New Jersey. Based upon Jakob's age & his sons being born betw 1851 & 1861 it is most likely that Jakob did serve in the War.
Hope that this helps
per page

Find a board about a specific topic