Search for content in message boards

Looking for any connection between these families

Looking for any connection between these families

Posted: 30 May 2010 6:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gederon, La Morelle, Du Chausseur, Monteil, Montoute, Garcon, Pierre and Louison.
I'm researching the Gederon family and these names came up in connection with the family. Can any one shed any light on what their connection to each other was, if there was any connection at all?

Re: Looking for any connection between these families

Posted: 3 Sep 2011 10:30PM GMT
Surnames: Montoute, Montout, Petit Frere, Gedeor, Geder
Hi,

I am a Montoute through my maternal grandmother. I was just going through the Slave Registry earlier today to find links to my family. My grandmother's grandfather was Montoute and her father was also a Montoute. It was either my grandmother's great grandfather or grandfather whose first name was originally Montoute Petit Frere. His descendents were later given the name Montoute, according to what I have been told. When I looked in the Slave Registry from 1815 for St Lucia there are many Montoutes and a few Petit Freres. One of which is "Petit Frere Jr Paul GEDER" who was two years old at the time. His mother was: "Marcillette GEDEOR" or "Mareillette GEDEOR", who was sister of "Teline Marie Reine GEDEOR". "Teline" was mother of "Hector GEDEOR" aged 5 and "Gerome GEDEOR" aged 1 at the time of the registry. There are other Montoute's as well on the slave registry who may be related as well. Here is the link to the Slave Registers of former British Colonial Dependencies, 1812-1834: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec/?htx=List&dbid=1129&a...

Posted: 5 Sep 2011 7:31PM GMT
Thanks a lot for the heads up. I really appreciate this because it makes more sense to me than another hypotheses I was considerating.

Posted: 5 Sep 2011 7:31PM GMT
Thanks a lot for the heads up. I really appreciate this because it makes more sense to me than another hypotheses I was considerating.

Posted: 6 Sep 2011 3:21AM GMT
Glad I could help! I just wish they had more registries online so we could track their descendents easier.

Posted: 11 Sep 2011 11:39PM GMT
Surnames: Montoute (petit frere)
Hi i am a descendant of the petit frere Montoutes. My Grandfather is Philip Montoute and his son is Rene Montoute, thats about all I know as I live in England. I also undertand that some of us is from Martinique and there are quite a few now living in the Babaneau area.

I am trying to expand my family tree, any additional info you or anyone could give me would be a tremendous help.

My email is a1spenny@hotmail.com

thanks

Posted: 4 Mar 2012 5:31AM GMT
You should check on facebook to see if anyone has that last name.Facebook has been a great help in me finding family and everyone in st. lucia is on there. You can also check the church in the parish that they were from.

Posted: 4 Mar 2012 5:58AM GMT
I just saw your message now. I have no idea why it wasn't sent to my email. I'll email you because we are related. My grandmother made me a mini family tree almost 10 yrs ago and your grandfather and my greatgrandfather were brothers. She even gave me a list of Philip's children's names and Rene is on there. I'll email you.

Posted: 4 Mar 2012 4:03PM GMT
this is fantastic, thanks for your reply I will email you cuz

Posted: 4 Mar 2012 4:28PM GMT
Surnames: Montoute, Petit Frere
Excellent! I look forward to hearing from you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic