Classification: Query
Surnames: Hulsebos, Brink, Butterfeldt
began immigration to USA in 1902-1905 from groningen, Netherlands

Brink

haga broekema-douma (View posts)
Posted: 948110400000
Surnames: Brink, Oosterveld, Hindriks, Mannes, Elders
Can you tell me more about the Brink family who moved to the US? I know Brink/Oosterveld who left to the US in 1867. Brink/Hindriks who left in 1884. Brink/Mannes in 1883 and Brink/Elders in 1882. They all left from Haren in the province Groningen.

geneology

Jantina Lunsford (View posts)
Posted: 951652800000
Surnames: Brink, Hulsebos, Butterfeldt, Burkhoist, Brink, Berghuis, Homan
My grandparents came to America in 1905-06 from Gemeente, Groningen,N.L. Holland, grandmother was a Brink whose mother was Martien Berghuis(born 1874) and father Jan Brink,(circa 1872) Granfather was Hulsebos and came to America with Half brother Jake Butterfeldt at age 17 in 1906? mother Anne Butterfeldt. I can't seem to locate them before America and feel I must have many relatives in Holland.

Brink uit Haren

Jantina Lunsford (View posts)
Posted: 951825600000
Surnames: Brink
My great grandmother Martien Berghuis Brink came to America about 1905 and her father was Jan Brink but he did not come to America and he died when he was 20 of pneumonia and Martien remarried Jack Eikema before coming to US

Brink (Haren)

haga broekema-douma (View posts)
Posted: 951825600000
Surnames: Brink uit Haren
You wrote about Jan Brink (b. 1872) who came with his wife and children to the US. Do you know the exact place where they came from in the Netherlands?
I have a Jan Brink (b. 14 nov 1872) who migrated to the states with his parents and 3 brothers and 2 sisters on may 16, 1884 from Haren in the province of Groningen.

Hulsebos-Blink (Brink) connection

Posted: 973425600000
Edited: 1007832227000
Surnames: Hulsebos
My GGGrandparents Meeuwes & Aaltje Hulsebos came from the Netherlands (I believe Reunin?) from Amsterdam arriving on May 28 or 29 1848 with his sister Hellichien or Helgeon and their 2 yr old son Hendryk. His sister later married Jan Blink or Brink who was a land surveyor of sorts in 1850. He arrived here on the Weskeag but, I can't locate a time or listing yet. They all lived in Holland and Zeeland Michigan and then founded a town called Noordelos just north of Holland MI. Later the families followes a religious leader Albertus VanRaalte to Virginia (1868?) and eventually lost most everything due to poor crops, etc. My Hulsebos side (Meeuwes) moved back to Mi about 1870, Some of his kids were married by then & went elsewhere. Lost track of the sister at this point.

If this helps, or if you have anything to help me, please let me know. They are posting more & more census records on the net all the time. Maybe something will turn up.

Thanks
Jan

Re: Brink uit Haren

Humberson (View posts)
Posted: 1020166331000
Surnames: Brink
Hi,

My grandmother and her sister immigrated from Groningen in 1905
Her name was Albertina Brink and her sister was Jantina Brink. Their father never immigrated because he died young over there and my great grandmother remarried before coming here to a Eikema.

Posted: 1414604842000
I just returned from Groningen. I live in Alaska, but my family live in Holland, MI. Many Brinks came from Groningen to Holland and I do remember a Jan Brink being in my geneology. I have much history on our branch - Reolof Brink, father of Evert, both moved to Holland MI in 1884. I have their history going back to the first Brink - Jan, back when Napolean insisted people took last names!

Posted: 1479191883000
Are you sure Martein Berghuis (Brink) did not marry a Jan Eikemais, Brink, Eikema
per page

Find a board about a specific topic