Search for content in message boards

Billiot Family Tree, Houmas Tribe of Louisiana

Billiot Family Tree, Houmas Tribe of Louisiana

Brandy Billiot (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 2002 3:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Mar 2006 11:09PM GMT
Surnames: Billiot, Enerisse, Corteaux
I am trying to compile my family tree on the Billiot side which is my father's side Jerry Joseph Billiot Jr. I have Jean Pierre Billiot or Jean Baptiste Billiot which are the same person born in 1755 married to marie enerisse they had a son jacques or jacque Billiot who was married to Rosalie Nuyun Corteaux. I am looking for more info. If anyone can help email me at decembermorning@ivillage.com
Thank you
Brandy Billiot

Re: Billiot Family Tree Houmas Tribe of Louisiana

NORMAN PAUL BILLIOT (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2002 1:46AM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2006 11:10PM GMT
Surnames: Billiot
HELLO COUSSAN, YOU ARE A MEMBER OF A WONDERFUL FAMILY WITH DEEP ROOTS IN LOUISIANA.ALL DOCUMENTS ARE CLOSELY PROTECTED IN ORDER TO INSURE THEIR SAFETY.THE FAMILY TREE IS VERY NARROW AND STRAIGHT.I NO LONGER HAVE ACCESS TO THE DOCUMENTS, WHICH WOULD LEGALLY ALIGN YOU TO THE FAMILY. I DO KNOW THAT YOUR FATHER IS A DISTANT COUSIN . I AM
NORMAN PAUL BILLIOT, SON OF CHIEF LOVINCE BILLIOT, NOT THE NORMAN WHO IS IN PRISON. I APPLAUD YOUR ENTHUSIASM ,WHEN I LOCATE THE TREE I WILL SEND YOU YOUR WISH.
GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU ......NORMAN

P.J. Billiot (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2003 3:17AM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2006 11:11PM GMT
Surnames: Billiot
Hi, My name is Phillip Joseph Billiot Jr. I am the son of Phillip Joseph Billiot Sr.

rose foret (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2004 1:00AM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2006 11:11PM GMT
Surnames: Billiot, Foret
My mother was Rose Billiot and full Houmas Indian .She married Albert Foret. I can't seem to find any history on her and she is no longer here.Hope you can help.

Re: Billiot Family Tree, Houmas Tribe of Louisiana

Posted: 13 Jan 2007 5:15PM GMT
Surnames: Billiot Family Tree, Houma Tribe of Louisiana
I am Cherry Billiot,my father is Nolan Edward Billiot Sr. I was speaking with him in regards to a family reunion coming up,I'm not sure exactly who everyone is but I have alot of names I can give you. If you or I can't figure it out I'll get my dad to help us! Last names of related relatives: Billiot,Courteaux,Germain,Hazeau,Catalanto,Stevens

Posted: 16 May 2007 7:21PM GMT
Hello, I've been trying to find information on my family and I would like to confirm that what I have found is true. My maternal Grandfather was Eugene Michale Billiot. I believe he is the Great Great Great Grandson of Jacques Billiot and Rosalie Corteaux. This is my line as I have discovered thus far.

Jacques Billiot - B. 1719 D. 1858
Alexander Billiot - B. 1813 D. 1900
Neauville T Billiot - B. 1843 D. 1914
Eugene Adolphe Billiot - B. 1876 D. 1961
Sidney Billiot - B. 1904 D. 1974
Eugene Michael Billiot - B. 1942 D. 2007
Melanie Ann Billiot - B. 1963
Brad A Zeak - B. 1984

Posted: 19 Sep 2007 9:21PM GMT
THey are also in my tree! My grand father is Buron Joesph Serigny. He is the son of Alexina Narcina Dardar and Valentin Zachery Serigny.

Posted: 10 Jun 2008 7:01PM GMT
YDo Know Ida And Manson Billiot! They are my Aunt and Uncle

Posted: 17 Jan 2009 10:44AM GMT
Surnames: billiot
My grandfather was Willie Billiot, married to Viola Mitchell. They lived past Lake DeCade on through the Superior Canal to Bayou DeLoutte. I'm not real sure about those spellings. They had 11 children, my mother being the youngest, Dorothy Viola Billiot Clement. She was born on a boat. The last boat they had as I was growing up was a small luggar named "The DEQUINCY"
Could you please get me a copy of the family tree if possible?

If you post an address I'll send you some pictures of there home on Bayou DeLoutte and a story I wrote about our trip up the bayous. I have several photos. My grandfather had a brother named Paul!
I know its been awhile since your note was posted, hoping to hear from you,
Debbie

W

Posted: 16 Jul 2009 2:43PM GMT
The Billiot Family is also related to the Chitimacha Tribe, and their official genealogist has a web published book about the many decendants of Jean Baptist Billiot and Marie Nerisse (many other spellings of her name: Marie Narisse, Marie Enerisse, Mariane Erice, Mary Eric, Marian(n)e Eris, Marianne Iris, Marie Iris, Marian Billaux, Marie Heris).

The site is here:
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~laterreb/theycame/index-1....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic