Search for content in message boards

What newspaper has Eagle River obits?

What newspaper has Eagle River obits?

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 4:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have two great uncles that died in Eagle River (or at least that is where they lived). I am in Madison, so I may be able to look at the WI State Historical Soc for their obit as the SHS has a great microfilm collection. What newspaper should I look in?

They are buried in Eagle River Cem. Death dates were Nov 20, 1957 for William Besch and December 16, 1968 for Arthur Besch.

Second question: I noted that someone has taken photos of stones in this cem. and published them. Does the lack of a photo of either of these two mean that they do not have a notable stone?

Thanks.

Re: What newspaper has Eagle River obits?

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 7:55PM GMT
Both of the obits that you seek were published in the Rhinelander Daily News; the index is online at http://wigenweb.org/oneida/robitindex.html and directions on how to order the obit. Of course you can look it up on microfilm at the WHS in Madison. These obits may also be in the Vilas County News-Review.

Sorry but I can't answer your second question; most photos are put online by volunteers and each have their own preferences or criteria. Where did you see these photos published?

good luck with your research
Judy, volunteer cc Vilas/Oneida WIGenWeb Project

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 8:22PM GMT
My error...the 2nd question is in error as I was looking at the wrong cemetery.

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 8:23PM GMT
Thanks. I will try here in Madison first.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic