Search for content in message boards

Translation Request

Translation Request

Posted: 25 Mar 2012 10:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sveinsson
I found an article in a Winnipeg newspaper that I believe relates the death of my great grandmother, but google translate doesn't explain it all. It looks like that may be because some of the words have extra spaces in them, but I'm not sure how to piece it all together.

All I could gather is that my great grandfather was left a widower with four children. She was so young when she passed away and I'm wondering what may have happened. Any help translating would be much appreciated!

16. þ. m. lézt að heimili sínu, 245
Norumbega Dr ive, Monrovi a, Calif.,
konan Asa Sveinsson, e f t ir l a n g v a raijdi heilsuleysii. H ún v ar dót t ir
Rafns bónda Norman, sem lengi bjó í
Argyl ebygS, og konu hans. — Asa
heitin yar f r ábær l ega vel gefin og
mynda r l eg kona, og bar hio" l angvinna s júkdóms s t r íð sitt með h u gprýöi. H ún lætur e f t ir s ig ekkjumann, J ó h a n n es Sveinsson, og fjögur
börn s t á lpuö, þ r já dr engi og eina
stúlku. — J a r S a r f ör Asu he i t innar
fór fram 17. þ. m.. — H i n ir mörgu
vinir og k u n n i n g j ar ekkjumanns ins,
bæði h ér í bæ og víða r, votta honum
og börnum hans a l ú ð ar hlut t ekningu
sína í þessu s o r g a r a ð k a s ti h a n s.

Re: Translation Request

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 8:36PM GMT
Died, on the 16th of this month, at 245 Norumbega Drive, Monrovia, Calif., Mrs. Ása Jónsdóttir, after a long period of bad health. She was the daughter of farmer Rafn Norman and his wife.

Ása was an intelligent and attractive woman, whose spirit was not defeated by her illness. She is survived by her husband, Jóhannes Sveinsson and four children, three boys and one girl.

Her funeral took place on the 17th of this month.

The numerous friends of the widower in this town and elsewhere express their sympathy and offer their condolences during this period of mourning.

Re: Translation Request

Posted: 12 Apr 2012 1:49AM GMT
Thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic