The Will of Mathew McDowell

Posted: 24 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:14AM GMT
Surnames: McDowell
Will book A page 32

In the name of God Amen. I Mathew McDowell of Hanover Township, Beaver County and State of Pennsylvania Yeoman, being in a weak state of body, but of perfect sound mind and memory thanks be to Almighty God, called to mind the mortality of my body and knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die, do make and ordain this my last will and Testament that is to say principally and first of all I give and recommend my Soul into the hands of Almighty God, who gave it, and my body I recommend to the earth, to be buried with a decent and Christian burial at the discretion of my Executors - and as Touching such worldly estate wherewith it has pleased God to bless me in this life I will in the first place that my lawful debts be honestly paid out of the same - and the remainder I give, demise and dispose of in the following manner viz. First I give and bequeath unto my well beloved wife Betty, the authority, direction and use of my estate both real and personal for the support of her and my children during her natural life and she to provide ? of the ? it for the same purpose. Item I give and bequeath to my children viz. to Mathew, John, Henry, Hugh, James, William, and Rebecca to each an equal part after the death of my said Wife, Betty; the land not to be sold, nor any division to take place till her death as above. - And I do hereby constitute and appoint my well Beloved friend Samuel Carothers, as an executor together with my well beloved wife Betty as Executrix of this my last Will and Testament, and I do hereby revoke and disannull all and every other former Testament Will and bequest and Executor by me in any wise before named willed and bequeathed, certifying and confirming this and no other to be my last will and Testament. In Witnefs whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this twelfth day of April in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and ten - Mathew McDowel

Signed, Sealed, published, pronounced and declared by the said Mathew McDowell as his last Will and Testament in the presence of us who, in his presence, and in the presence of each other, have hereunto subscribed our names - Samuel McKinley, John Whitehill, George Scott.

Beaver County ? Be it remembered that on the ?th day of May in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and ten. Personally appeared before me Register for the probate of Wills and Granting Letters of Administration in word for said County Samuel McKinley, John Whitehill & George Scott. Witnefses to the above Instrument in writing who being duly sworn according to Law do declare and say that they were personally present and saw the above named Mathew McDowel make his mark to the above Instrument and publish pronounce and declare the same as and for his last Will and Testament and that at the time of the Execution thereof the said Testator was of sound and disposing mind, memory, and understanding according to the best of these informants knowledge observation and belief & that they signed their names thereunto as witnefses in presence and at the Request of the Testator - Samuel McKinley, John Whitehill, George Scott. Sworn & subscribed before me this 11 May 1810 - Sam'l Lawrence. Recorded May 1810

Re: The Will of Mathew McDowell

Posted: 31 Dec 2002 1:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Nov 2003 3:29PM GMT
Is the Mathew McDowell who is one of the beneficiaries of Mathew McDowell's will the same Mathew who was born in Cannonsburg, Pa in 1801?

Re: The Will of Mathew McDowell

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 11:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Is this Mathew the son of Matthew McDowell and Jane Borland McDowell?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic