Search for content in message boards

In search of my hometown El Poblado Anahuac, Tamp.

In search of my hometown El Poblado Anahuac, Tamp.

Ivette (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2003 3:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Familia Arreola Garza or Famila Liscano Gonzalez
Hi everyone my name is Ivette, I am 28 years old and in search of my hometown in Tamaulipas, Mexico. My parents who were from Tamaulipas moved to California when I was 2 years old. The last time I visited El Poblado Anahuac, Tamaulipas I was about 8 years old, it's been 15 years and I am extremly interested in knowing about this little town. I know that my grandfather at one time was some type of General or Sheriff or something like that, in El Poblado, his name was Marcos Arreola Garza. If someone has information please contact me, it will be greatly appreciated.

Mi nombre es Ivette tengo 28 anos y ando en busca de algien que me pueda dar informacion de el pueblito en donde naci, que es El Poblado Anahuac, Tamaulipas. Mis padres se movieron para California cuando yo tenia 2 anos, la ultima vez que fui a Tamp. tenia 8 anos, ya ase 15 anos y estoy muy interesada de saber mas de este pueblo o de mi familia, yo se que me abuelo en un tiempo fue Comandante de El Poblado, el se llamaba Marcos Arreola Garza. Si alguien tiene informacion porfavor communicate con migo. Gracias.

Re: In search of my hometown El Poblado Anahuac, Tamp.

felipe salazar (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2003 10:35PM GMT
hola Ivette, busque en el guia de carreteras y caminos que tengo yo, y incontre un ligar que se llama, Anahuac en el estado de Nuevo Leon. . esta serca de nuevo laredo, un poco al sur de esa ciudad. esta serca de la guardaralla de los estados de Tamaulipas y nuevo Leon. quisas este pueda ser el lugsr que buscas,
dame a saber si crees que este es Anahuac que buscas.
gracias,Felipe Salazar Jr.

Poblado Anahuac, Tamps.

Maria C (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2003 2:07AM GMT
Hello! I'm writing in regards to Anahuac, Tamps. My mother is originally from that little town. Her father's name was Jesus Pedraza. Anahuac is located 20 minutes from Matamoros, Tamps. from the border of Brownsville, TX (right at the bottome part of Texas --- the boot part of the map). This little town is still small but yet growing. I still go once in a while because of my grandmother. If you would like any other type of information please feel free to write at my email.

Antonio Salazar III (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2003 7:15PM GMT
Surnames: Familia Martha Escobedo Castillo or Famila Antonio Salazar Briones
Hi there, guess what El Poblado is still there kicking and living. My entire family is pretty much from there, my mom Martha Idalia Escobedo and father Antonio Salazar Briones. El Poblado is exactly where Maria C. said it was. My opinion about the town is that its slowly becoming abandoned, by that I mean that everyone like everybody else wants the "American Dream", so they move to Brownsville, Tx, Houston, Tx and like your parents California. Don't get me wrong, colonies are still being built there for growing families but when you take a drive to the towns plaza, you get the feeling of a ghost town. There's still a church there that everyone attends to, the police station, the meat market, the guy on the corner selling his raspas (snow cones) and an elementary school believe it or not, there's even a concrete factory. I always ask my parents if at any point was business ever booming and they say yes, in its early years, way before me, I'm 25 by the way. About 15 miles down the road some more, you come to another small town, Valle Hermoso, Tamaulipas, now that small town is in its prime. They have all kinds of mercados, restaurants, fruniture stores and even music clubs. El Poblado was never as rowdy as Valle Hermoso but in its time, it was a popular small town or so they tell me. This weekend I'll be heading over there and if I have a chance I will try and shoot a couple of pictures for you.

Felipe Salazar (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2003 10:51PM GMT
Hello there, I read your post about El Poblado. But I am more interested in the fact that you too are a Salazar. I had an uncle named antonio, and have other family members named antonio also.
My salazar side of the family comes from Villagran, Tamaulipas.my father was Felipe Salazar. my grandfather was named Silviano Salazar. his father was Pablo Salazar. pablos father was Francisco salazar.
I dont know if there are anymore Salazar family members in Villagran, but am interested in finding more family members.
let me hear from you.
thanks, Felipe Salazar

Blanca (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2003 6:05PM GMT
Hi my name is Blanca and I currently live in Harlingen, tx married to Hugo Sauceda from Ej. President Cardenas which is about 10 minuets from el poblado, if you would like we go there every weekend, and i can take pictures of it and email them to you with my digital cam. We were just there last weekend at a quinceanera. again email me if you would like. the name of your grand father sounds fam.

manuel jasso (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2004 4:41AM GMT
Hola: ivette yo vivo aqui en el poblado anahuac Tamaulipas, si quieres yo te puedo ayudar en lo que quieras conocer acerca del poblado anahuac. mi e-mail es manuelx85@hotmail.com

manuel jasso (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2004 4:44AM GMT
hola ivette yo soy del poblado anahuac, Tamaulipas, si quieres te puedo ayudar a lo que quieras conocer acerca del poblado anahuac, Tamaulipas. mi e-mail es manuelx85@hotmail.com

Posted: 16 Jul 2004 1:13PM GMT
My cousin's wife is from El Poblado Anahuac, Tamaulipas. I am fron La Soledad, which is about a 10 to 15 minute drive from there. I don't know if many people know or if anyone knows for that matter of two very important facts about the town. The town was born I believe in the late 20's early 30's and was populated by a migrating crowd from a town of with the same name in Nuevo Leon, it was called Anahuac, Nuevo Leon, it still exists by the way. The reason why they moved was because their lands in ANAHUAC,NUEVO LEON became filthy and non-profitable, they had gotten infested by some sort of plague, so they migrated to what is now known as El Poblado Anahuac, Tamaulipas. Second fact.....the town's old school was visited by Presidente Lazaro Cardens(1934 - 1940 term) during his term in Presidency and that is the only school in Northern Tamaulipas that he ever visited( I don't think any other President visited any of the Northern Schools) I just thought they were interesting facts and I thought I'd share them with you.

Cesar

Posted: 16 Jan 2009 5:04PM GMT
Hola! Tu apellido es Jasso. Estas relacionado con Pilo Jasso. Si al caso si, el y su senora fueron muy buenos amigos de mis abuelitos Jesus y Maria Pedraza
per page

Find a board about a specific topic