Search for content in message boards

Swedish/Norwegian

Swedish/Norwegian

Posted: 17 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 12:45AM GMT
Trish:

I checked my Swedish Emigration CD for Lars Magnus but did not find him listed.

Other Tangring's (various spelling) that emigrated were from Ransäter, Munkfors, Ekshärad parishes in Värmland county. One other was from Säfsnäs parish in Kopporbergs county.

I hope this helps.

Donald W. Carlson

Swedish/Norwegian

Trish Ring (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Tangring, Tongring
I am looking for any connection to my paternal grandfather's family. My grandfather was Lars Magnus Tangring born in Varmland Sweden and immigrated to the US in the early 1900's. He settled in North Dakota. He was the son of Johann Peter Tangring and Martha Oledotter.
Posted: 3 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2002 1:06AM GMT
Surnames: Tangring, Enroth, Askebom
My mother's ancestry contains a Fredrich Reinhold Tangring, he is related to the Tangrings you mentioned. I would like to hear from you as I have done research that I would be happy to share.

Tangring

Posted: 26 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 3:15AM GMT
Surnames: Tangring
Hello,
My Grandfather's mother was Augusta Lousia Tangring born 1847. My grandfather was from the Boxholm area of Ostergotland.
augusta Lousia"s father Carl Peter Tangring born 1820 in Hallefors.
I think they came from the Ostergotland area of Sweden. There were 9 children born to Carl Peter and his wife.
I am interested in finding out what happened to the other siblings.

Re: Swedish/Norwegian

Lars Carlgren (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2005 10:25PM GMT
Hi Trish !

In the census of 1890 I might have found your ancestors:
In Forsbacka med pappersmassefabriken (mening: Forsbacka incl. the Pulp Factory), parish of Mo (P), lived the following family:
Jonas Peter Tångring, b. 1842 in Glava (S)
profession: pulp factory worker
wife: Märta Olsdotter, b. 1841 in Glava (S)
children:
Lars Magnus, b. 1870 in Glava (S)
Carl Johan, b. 1873 in Glava (S)
Anders Gustaf, b. 1876 in Glava (S)
Axel Albin, b. 1878 in Mo (P)
Fridolf, b. 1881 in Mo (P)
Harald, b. 1885 in Mo (P)

I hope the information is useful to you.

Regards,
/Lars Carlgren

P.S. A few explanations:
(P) = county of Älvsborg
(S) = county of Värmland

Posted: 14 Nov 2009 6:28PM GMT
Surnames: TÃ¥ngring
These people seems to be my ancestors (Harald Tångring born in 1885). Thank you!

Re: Tangring

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 1:02PM GMT
I'm doing a little research for my third cousin, in the U.S. She is related to me through her father's father - but her father's mother was Ellen Sophia Tångring (b. 1875 in Ekeby, Östergötland), the daughter of Carl August Tångring (b. 1850 in Ekeby) and Johanna Sophia Isaksdotter (b. 1851). Carl August was the son of Carl Peter Tångring (b. 1820 in Hällefors, Östergötland) and Eva Charlotta Henriksdotter (b. 1821 in Tjärstad, Östergötland).

So, Carl August and Augusta Lovisa (Swedish version) were siblings. There were indeed nine siblings:
Oscar Fredrik, b. 1845 - two months after his parents wed
Augusta Lovisa, b. 1847
Carl August, b. 1850
Maria Charlotta, b. 1853
Vilhelmina, b. 1856
Emma Carolina, b. 1858 d. 1859
Emma Mathilda, b. 1859
Ida Amalia, b. 1861
Claes Henrik, b. 1867 d. 1868

Carl August with wife Johanna Sophia Isaksdotter (b. 1851) and their three children - Ellen Sophia (b. 1875), Carl Gideon (b. 1877) and Torhilda Christina (b. 1880) - emigrate to America 12 May 1882.
At least Ellen Sophia eventually winds up in Chicago because that's where she lives after marrying my grandmother's cousin.

The Tångring family is an old smithing family.

Ingela

Posted: 27 May 2012 11:57AM GMT
I am in touch with a woman who is doing an ancestry book on the Tangrings from all over the globe. She is now up to 500+ pages. This is an old post so if you are still interested email me @ casualphotos@yahoo.com and I get you in contact with her.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic