Search for content in message boards

PAULL/JONES

PAULL/JONES

LEATRICE DOOLEN (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JONES, PAULL, HUCKABONE, HOSMER
I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON THE FAMILY OF NELLIE PAULL & WILLIAM JONES WHO LIVED IN WAYNE CO. T./GALLEN VILLAGE OF CLYDE , N.Y. NELLIE WAS BORN IN T./STUBEN OR GRANT AND IT IS BELIEVED THAT WILLIAM WAS BORN IN STEUBEN BUT NOT PROVEN. I NEED A FEW DATES AND DEFINET PLACES TO LOOK FOR INFORMATION. I THINK NELLIE DIED IN 1983 OCT. IN CLYDE AND BURRIED IN THE STEUBEN CEMETERY WITH HER PARENTS. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Huckabone

Posted: 10 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2005 7:18PM GMT
Surnames: Huckabone, Hogeboom, Hogaboam, Hogaboom, Hogabone, Hugabone
I am researching the Hogaboam line in all its variations. The only Huckabones that I am aware of live in the Pembroke area of Ontario Canada. My gggrandfather Henry Hogaboam was born in Greenay New York, so his obit says but I cannot find any such place then or now. I do have a list of Huckabone in Pembroke, I feel that this branch changed their name from Hogaboam in the early 1850s for whatever reason and kept the spelling today. I have not contacted them as yet but I have some info on this family line.

Hogaboom

Posted: 28 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Hello Les: good to hear from you. I have sent for some Military records for two Hogabooms which have not arrive as yet. There are many people carrying various spellings of this name, I and others feel that we are all related. My family spelling of the name is Hogaboam and most of my direct line spell it that way but others in the family have a variety of spellings. Sarah Hogoboom in Madison Wisconsin has written a book on the Hogebooms of America and has been very helpful. I will look up the 1812 records on the net, if available, seems to me I saw them at one time. Margaret

durham co ontario Canada

leslie wilson (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: hogaboom
James Hogaboom served with the 1st Rgmnt Durham Militia Upper Canada in the war of 1812. He was probably living in Hope Twp at that time. Believe he may have been from Dutchess Co NY. Hogabooms living in Newcastle Ontario as late as 1970's, may still be some

Durham Co.

Posted: 1 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hogabome
I just received transcripts for the following:
SOURCE: A return of the names, country, age, size, and time of service of a Detachment of the Kings Rangers - Quartered at St. John (Quebec) 1st January 1782

Record #99265
John Hogabome- Country: Albany (New York), age 25, size 5 ft 11 inches, Time of Service 1 yr 2 months.
Reference: War Office Records (MG 11 WO 28/10) page 142 Microfilm Reel #B2867 (National Archives of Canada)

Record #99268
SOURCE: A return of the age, size, time of service & country of the Non/Commissioned Officers, Drummers & Privates of Capt. John Jones' Company of Loyal Rangers (Stationed at ) Riviere du Chene (Quebec) 1 January 1783

James Hogabome - country American, age 24, size 5 ft 10 in, time of service 8 months, year of record 1783.
Reference: War Office Records (MG 11 WO 28/10 page 186 Microfilm Reel #B2867 (National Archives of Canada)

I hope that this is of some help to you, didn't really help me too much, I am hoping that the photcopies they are sending will have more info on them, especially parentage and place of birth. Margaret

Hogeboom Book

Daniel Perkins (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hugoboom, Hugaboom, Hugoboon, Hogaboon
There appear to be 30 spellings to the Hogeboom name and the variant of interest to me are listed in the surnames. I don't know of a direct connection to Wayne Co (mine are from Chautauqua and Cattaraugus) but I have hints of a connection to WI. The book mentioned would provide hints at where to look in NY and WI.

How would I get a look at the Hogeboom book?

Dan

The Hogaboom book

Posted: 18 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2002 10:44PM GMT
Where could I find a copy of the Hogaboom family book?
My gmother was a Hogaboom in Clarke County, Mississippi; family moved here from Kansas but the parents (George Cole and Mary (Cranford) were from New York.

Re: Hogaboom

Posted: 12 Oct 2001 11:52PM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2004 1:58AM GMT
Surnames: Hogaboom
I saw your message about the different spellings of the name. My husbands family is known to spell it Hojaboom and Hogaboom. The family is in VT. If you find anything on this spelling please let me know. My husbands Great Grandfather was Cornelius Peter Hogaboom/ Hojaboom (we have found his name spelled both ways). He is buried in Highgate VT. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

Re: Hogeboom Book

Posted: 12 Oct 2001 11:59PM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2004 1:58AM GMT
Your message mentioned different spellings of Hogeboom. If you run across the spelling Hojaboom please let me know. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

Re: Hogeboom Book/Hojaboom

Posted: 14 Oct 2001 4:02AM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2002 8:21PM GMT
Surnames: Hogeboom/Hojaboom
Hi Debbie if you contact Richard Hojaboom at DHOJABOOM@postoffice.worldnet.att.net he may be able to help you with this family line. Richard's descendant is Cornelius Peter Hogaboom born Holland or New York 1799. It seems the name was changed just after the civil war, and if I have it correct, all his descendants took the name Hojaboom. Let me know how you make out, my maiden name is HOGABOAM - it is believed that we are all related regardless of spelling, the original Hogeboom came from Holland 1650's. Good Luck.
Margaret
per page

Find a board about a specific topic