Search for content in message boards

Alexandria, Egypt_Who knows anything about the Borg or Mallamo family

Alexandria, Egypt_Who knows anything about the Borg or Mallamo family

Posted: 11 Sep 2011 1:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I am a descendent of Nicolas Borg and Joanne Scerri widowed Mallamo (or the other way around). My grandmother was their daughter. Her name was Rosaria Laurenzia. She had half-brothers and sisters, as both her parents were widowed with small children. Some of the names of her siblings or sibings-in-law were:
Beniaminus Borg
Eduardus Mallamo
Angelina Mallamo
Audreina Mallamo
Has anybody come accross these name in their ancestry query, or could help me in finding out more. Appernetly there were 3-5 half siblings of my grandmother's on each side.

All were born and grew up in Alexandria, Egypt. Most left Egypt in the late 1950, but I don't know where to.

I would be very grateful if s.o. could help me.

Barbara

Re: Alexandria, Egypt_Who knows anything about the Borg or Mallamo family

Posted: 27 Jan 2012 1:08PM GMT
Surnames: Borg
Dear Barbara,
well I think your part of my family, wow I'm so happy welcome to the family girl, Nicola was my great grand father, yes he married three times as far as I know. one of his many children
was my grandfather Angelo who married Paulina Caruana they had 5 children (that lived) Walter, Oscar, Edgard, Leonor, and Margaret, I am the only son of Edgard Borg, my name is Edgar Borg, And I have A son Called Edgar Borg As well, Get into contact with Me directly on my mail edgarpacific@yahoo.es
would realy realy love to hear from you.
best regards
Edgar

Posted: 1 Feb 2012 1:24AM GMT
Edited: 1 Feb 2012 1:27AM GMT
Surnames: Borg, Zammit, Mander or Munder, Pierini, Pavone
I am researching the Borg and Zammit family for a friend, they originated in Malta with Angelo Borg b 15.2.1822
This family gets really confussing as it appears that several times cousins have married and all lines lead back to Angelo Borg!
The facts I have are that Angelo had two sons at least
1.Nicola who was married to Rosalia - he had a son Alfredo Borg b1883 married to Antoinette Mander - Their son Alfredo Angelo Borg b1912 (came from Egypt in 1950's to England), he married his cousin several times removed Vincenza Agnes Zammit
2. Gaetano Borg who was Married to Vincenza (Zammit) - their daughter Rosina b 1886 married Giovanni Zammit - their daughter was Vincenza Agnes Zammit who 1st married Francesco Pierini (he died in 1941) and she remmaried to her cousin Alfredo Angelo Borg. She had one child from her first marriage to Francesco and 3 from her second to Alfredo.

Francesco Pierini was the son of Alfredo Pierini and Anna Pavone. He had a brother Salva Pierini b1914 d1960. Alfredo Pierini was one of 5 children and his father was Farucho.
The Pierini family were from the Ancona area of Italy and it is Alfredo who was married to Anna Pavone who come to Egypt. One of Alfredo's cousins was a bronze medalist weight lifter in the Olympics representing Italy... His name was Gastone Pierini and he had a daughter Roberta I think they ended up in Rio.

If any of this is familiar I would really like to hear from you.

Posted: 1 Feb 2012 3:17PM GMT
It sure does sound familiar. Nicola, Angelo's (the younger Angelo) brother was my great-grandfather. They also had a sister, Theresa. Nicola himself was married three times and had eight children from his first wife (Angelo being one of them) and one daughter, my grandmother, from his second wife, who had three children herself from a former marriage. I don't know if Nicola and his third wife had any children. To be quite honest, I was quite surprised to find out that he had eight the first time around. Family intelligence has it that there were three boys only ... What is definitely true however, that one of his second wives daughters, Vincenza Malamo married Beniaminus Borg, a son of the first wife!

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 8:00PM GMT
Hi Barbara

I have just found your query - I am the grandson of Alfredo Borg, my mother being his sixth and youngest child. He was the eldest son of Nicola and I believe the Benjamin you mention is the uncle who gave my mother away at her wedding as her father had died the year before. I'd love to hear from you.

William

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 8:13PM GMT
Surnames: Borg, Mander, Zammit
Hello

I have just read your query and a lot of it is very familiar to me. I am the grandson of Alfredo Borg (born 1883) my mother being the youngest of his six children. I would love to hear from you as I am sure we can be of help to one another. I have , in fact, just returned from Egypt where I went to visit the Borg family tomb.

William

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 8:37PM GMT
Hi Edgar

I am also a great grandson of Nicola Borg, my grandfather being the eldest son from his first marriage, Alfredo, and my mother was Alfredo's youngest child. I would love to get in touch with you as some of the information I have doesn't match, I was under the impression that Edgar was the son of
Celestina or is this a different Edgar. Also do you know if Edgar is a family name as one of my mother's brothers was also called Edgar. Hope to hear from you
William

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 9:47PM GMT
Hi William

Sound exciting. My grandmother Rosa is the youngest daughter of Nicola and his second wife Joanna/Giovanna. My father is her eldest child. Looks like Beniamino loved weddings, he witnessed the wedding of my parents!

Julius Borg, not related to us, has done a lot of research on the Maltese families in Egypt, and I have extensive information on the entire family. I only published a part on ancestry so far.

In your other post your wrote you visited Egypt and the family tomb. I wasn't aware one existed. This is fantastic. After the exodus from Egypt, my part of the family hasn't managed to settle down in one place properly and we are spread all over the world. Its nice to know some kind of roots exist in the form of a tomb ;-).

I have ordered some documents from the National Archive on the estate of Nicola. These kind of documents normally shed a lot of light on family relations, as I have found out. I found the family of my great grandfather this way - a family, which whose heritage was kept a great secret all my life, god knows why.

Anyway, keep in touch. I'd love to hear from you!

Barbara

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 9:45AM GMT
Hi Barbara
Thanks for your reply, it is lovely to hear from you.
According to my mother, Theresa, her father started the family tomb for his mother Rosalia as he felt responsible for her death. If you would like to contact me on my personal email william.austin@yahoo.co.uk I could send you some photos of the tomb and more details as to who is buried there. Sounds odd but my wife and I really enjoyed our visit to the tomb as we had heard so much about it over the years and it made us feel so much more connected with my past. You say your family dispersed around the globe after Egypt, most of my Borg relations settled in the UK and I am still, very much, in touch with my cousins.
For my records could I just confirm that your grandmother was married to Otto? Also could you let me know which part of the National Archive (I assume Kew) you went to for information on the Borgs (not the ones in Star Trek Voyager).
Look forward to hearing from you
Regards William

Posted: 8 Mar 2013 7:01AM GMT
Hi,

I am the descendent of Gaetano Borg (married to Vincenza). My great grandfather was Spiro Borg their son, who married Angela Aeluan and gave birth to my grandmother Georgette. The family moved from Malta to Egypt during the life of Gaetano/Vincenza and I am trying to get records of these two however I have very limited information available. I need to know where they were born and dates along with parent's names if possible. Can anyone assist? (even with places to get records etc from).

Many thanks.

Edward.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic