Search for content in message boards

Need pics of headstones for Glengarrif, Cork, Ireland

Need pics of headstones for Glengarrif, Cork, Ireland

Posted: 19 Mar 2012 5:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sullivan, O'Shea
My family came from there, and I can't find what church or cemetary they would have been laid to rest from. If anyone knows of cemetaries for those who lived in Glengarrif, from 1920 and back, please send me the information. If you know of a cemetary where those residents (Catholic) would have been interred, please let me know, or take pictures if there are any. Of course, I'm looking for Sullivans and O'Sheas, so there is a multitude. Would be happy to do NYC research over here in return for the favor. Thank you! : )

Re: Neeed pics of headstones for Glengarrif, Cork, Ireland

Posted: 31 Mar 2012 4:17AM GMT
We are going to be in the Cork area for a few days toward the end of April. I would be happy to help if you are able to provide more specific information. We will be leaving on April 22 so if you can contact me prior to that I'll see what I can do!

Bruce

Posted: 1 Apr 2012 1:54PM GMT
Surnames: Sullivan, O'Shea
Oh, yes, absolutely, thank you! I'll get as much together as I can. I just heard that the Church of the Sacred Heart is the only church there, but I go no info on the gravesites. I'll get together names and dates as soon as possible. Thanks again!

Posted: 13 Apr 2012 12:58AM GMT
We are leaving on April 20th and will be in the Glengarriff area (staying in Baltimore for 2 nights) at the end of the month. The Sacred Heart site does mention an old grave yard.

" The Church of the Sacred Heart, Glengarriff, is the local Roman Catholic church and was erected in 1902. It replaced the “Old Chapel” in the burial grounds at Cappyaughna which had been built in 1829. The “Old Chapel” has been renovated and is now the Parish Hall."

Parish Priest : Fr Pádraig Kennelly P.P.
Tel: 027-63045

"The Old Church is now the Community Hall. The Old Grave yard surrounds the Hall."

I'll get pics and info on everything Sullivan and O'Shea that I find.

Bruce

Re: Need pics of headstones for Glengarrif, Cork, Ireland

Posted: 13 Apr 2012 1:00AM GMT
Also,

Any specific names and dates would be most helpful when asking around the area.

Posted: 8 May 2012 7:42PM GMT
I'm back with a LOT of photos from the graveyard in Glengariff. email me at diver_bruce@yahoo.com so we can figure out how to get you all these pics.

Posted: 16 May 2012 1:49AM GMT
Hi, Bruce, I tried to use your above email, but it was rejected. I want to apologize for not sending you the names and dates I had planned on. I was just starting to get them together, when we received the news that my brother had died unexpectedly, and my husband lost his job the day before. I am so sorry for my unintentional rudeness, but I was not on the computer or in contact with anyone. Thank you again for your generosity and I hope we can reconnect. jewelrydolls@verizon.net
I would love to see what you have. Take care,

Kitty

per page

Find a board about a specific topic