Search for content in message boards

Scheffler

Scheffler

Ken Scheffler (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Scheffler
Anyone who had ancestors with the Scheffler last name living near Zhitomir after 1865 is asked to contact me.

Re: Scheffler

Lester Scheffler (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2002 4:28AM GMT
Surnames: Scheffler, Newman, Bitter,
I believe my great garand father Carl scheffler lived in the Zitomar area from about 1865 untill probably around 1880
His daughter Bertha is listed as bein born near Neudorf and attended school there another Daughter hanna is know to have married Leopold Bitter there in 1878

Lester

Re: Scheffler

Posted: 8 Apr 2012 8:56AM GMT
Surnames: Scheffler
My great-grandfather was a Scheffler... his name was Rudolph. We don't know where the family lived before they emigrated. He emigrated as a child around age 2 from Hamburg, Germany in about 1892 or thereabouts. It is my understanding that his mother's name was Anna, and that she died maybe in Germany, before they emigrated.Not sure of father's name, but was possibly also Rudolph. Family rumor says he had a twin brother that got lost in New York City, and was never found.
He also had an older sister, Anna, who emigrated I think at the same time. I know he had other siblings, but don't know their names or any other info.
I'm also looking for more info about the family... he appears to be listed with some of the Jewish genealogical societies according to the info here.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic