Search for content in message boards

Burgin (Bert) Buchanan, b. NC abt Mar.1887: 1920 census living in Custer, Idaho, marrie

Burgin (Bert) Buchanan, b. NC abt Mar.1887: 1920 census living in Custer, Idaho, marrie

Posted: 10 Mar 2006 2:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Mar 2006 9:35PM GMT
Surnames: Burgin Buchanan's paternal (Joseph Leonard, John Vallet Yale, James) & maternal: Nancy Jane Hicks(Winters,Daniels)
Need 1920 census lookup for Burt Buchanan.!

The 1910 census finds Burgin Buchanan living in Twin Falls (4th precinct, Twin Falls County, Idaho with his brother J.A. Buchanan age 33 b. NC parents both born NC.
(John Anderson Buchanan) J.A.Buchanan's wife, is Delia, age 32, b. NC; Maggie dau, age 12, b. NC; Nora dau age 4, b. NC and brother Burgin, age 28 and single.

It is the 1920 census lookup that I need for Burgin Buchanan, now called Bert, and who is married. I am searching for his wife's name and any children who, in 1920, are in Custer, Idaho.

Are any of Burt (Burgin) Buchanan's descendants out there? His living neice is searching for him also.

You may email directly his great niece jackieallen22153@aol.com

Re: Burgin (Bert) Buchanan, b. NC abt Mar.1887: 1920 census living in Custer, Idaho, marrie

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 5:23PM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2006 3:42PM GMT
I found Bert in Stanley, Custer county, Idaho. He is indexed as "Ben" or "Paul", but appears it could easily be "Bert".
1920 census, Stanley, Custer, Idaho. SD 1, ED 73, Sheet 4a. Dwelling #11, Fam #11. Date of census: 10 Mar 1920.
Bert Buchanan, W/M, owned residence, 33 yr [c.1887], b. NC, mail carrier/courier for Stanley ____ [can't read].
wife: Jennie, age 27 [c. 1893], born Utah, father born Missouri, mother born Utah
dau: Bradinia [?? difficult to read], 7 yr [c. 1913], b. Idaho
I saved a copy of this census page to my computer. Drop me a note at bethpany at yahoo.com and I'll be glad to send it to you.
I could not find any of them in the 1930 census???

Re: Burgin (Bert) Buchanan, b. NC abt Mar.1887: 1920 census living in Custer, Idaho, marrie

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 5:28PM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2006 3:42PM GMT
I just checked another way and found you already had a nice person find this - and more! Cool. Good luck.

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 6:55PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2006 3:36PM GMT
Beth, Thank you! I so appreciate your intent to help.
Jackie

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 7:01PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2006 3:36PM GMT
Beth,
Thanks. I'll drop you a note!
Jackie

Posted: 11 Sep 2006 1:39PM GMT
Found Burgin (Bert/mis-transcribed as Ben) with wife Jennie and 7 yr old dau. Birdina Buchanan in 1920 census, Idaho, Stanley, Custer.
Birdina 16 yrs old is next found in 1930 census living in Camas, Fairfield, Idaho with Uncle Richard M Angel, 57, a widower, an attorney, and wife Ida 44.
Still searching for Burgin "Bert" Buchanan & wife Jennie who were not found in the 1930 census.
Bert and Jennie Buchanan may have gone to Humboldt, CA?Any help appreciated.

Re: Bert Buchanan, wife Jennie & dau. Birdina.Birdina's uncle Richard M Angel, his wife Ida Platts

Posted: 11 Sep 2006 2:02PM GMT
Surnames: Buchanan, Angel, Platts
Need assistance in locating Bert (Burgin) Buchanan b. Apr 1886 NC and wife Jennie Platts, b. abt 1893 Utah who in 1930 are living in Idaho. They are not in 1930 census with their dau. Birdian,now 16 yrs old who is living with her uncle Richard Marvin Angel & wife Ida Platts in Fairfield, Camas, Idaho. ( per Fairfield, Camas, Idaho 1930 census.)
What happened to Birdina after 1930?
Where are Birdina/Berdina's parents Bert/Burgin & wife Jennie who are not with their dau in Idaho in 1930?
Richard Marvin Angel died 22 Sep 1938, Fairfield, Camas, Idaho. Where did his wife Ida Platts Angel go?
Hope to hear from someone!

Re:CORRECTION TO: Bert Buchanan, wife Jennie & dau. Birdina.Birdina's uncle Richard M Angel, his wife Ida Platts

Posted: 23 Sep 2008 11:12AM GMT
Surnames: BUCHANAN, CRITCHFIELD
Bert [Birgan Grover Buchanan] m. Jennie Critchfield on 28 Feb. 1911 in Kimberly, Idaho. Source: Their marriage record. They were m. by Bureah Wilkins, Bishop LDS. Among witnesses were L.A. Critchfield and W.A.Critchfield. APPARENTLY JENNIE WAS DAU. OF L.A. CRITCHFIELD [LEWIS ABRAM CRITCHFIELD] AND JANE WILKE WILSON PER CENSUS RECORDS AND REFERENCED MARRIAGE LICENSE.

Re: Bert Buchanan, wife Jennie & dau. Birdina.Birdina's uncle Richard M Angel, his wife Ida Platts

Posted: 23 Oct 2009 1:55AM GMT
She was my husband's grandmother and is buried in Fairfield, ID.

Posted: 23 Oct 2009 1:14PM GMT
Surnames: Buchanan, Critchfield
So very glad to "meet" you! Wonderful to learn that Birdina/Birginia had descendants and that she was your husband's grandmother. Am so anxious to learn more about my granduncle Bert's family [wife Jennie Critchfield, & dau. Birdinia/Birginia Buchanan]. My Buchanan relatives and I are hoping to make a trip to Challis, ID sometime next year to visit the Bert's gravesite. Thank you so very much for reponding and I anxiously await more info. I'll be happy to share info in return.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic