Search for content in message boards

Way Family in Russell County

Way Family in Russell County

Posted: 1163461434000
Classification: Query
You can contact me if you have an interest in the history of the Way Family in Russell County. I have most of the family tree worked out going back to the original settlers; Daniel and Samuel Way.

Re: Way Family in Russell County

Dianna (View posts)
Posted: 1165212059000
Do you have a Susannah Way married to John McQueen Johnston? They are my gr gr grandparents.
They are buried in Glenburne.

Dana (View posts)
Posted: 1165293003000
Yes, Susannah Way was my great aunt. Her parents were Daniel Way and Margaret Kenny. She had an older sister named Eliza and three brothers - Frederick, William and Daniel Albert. She was born in 1848 in Clarence, Ont. and died in 1936 in Prescott. She married John Johnston on 27 Sept 1864. He was born in North Plantaganet about 1843.

Where is Glenburne? Couldn't find it on the map.

Dianna (View posts)
Posted: 1165331223000
Glenburn(e) is at the corner of the 7th Concession in North Plantagenet Twp. and the County Road that runs south from Wendover to Pendleton Ontario.

Pendleton Airport is nearby (today Gatineau Soaring Club) and the Nation Golf Course. In the old days there was a school, church, cheese factory for the Johnston, Derby, Wylie, Anderson and others. I believe there was even a sawmill erected on the creek.

Do you have a location for the Way farm? The Way family is in the Clarence Cemetery.

Dianna

Dana (View posts)
Posted: 1165370265000
I think the original location was Clarence Lot 1-32. I know about the Ways in Clarence Cemetary - they are all related to me. In fact I was at the cemetary in October to photograph the headstone enscriptions.

Posted: 1191249105000
i would be interested in receiving any information you have on the way family. Susannah is my great great grandmother. I am new this process so I am not sure how it works.

sheila

Posted: 1232158335000
I would be very interested in what you have found. Our search did not go back further than Stephen Way, father of Stephen, father of William, father of Norman, father of Allan.

Posted: 1349728222000
My Great Grand Mother is Maggie Jane Way, She married John Frith, One of thier Children was Gladys, who was my Mother's, Mother
I was curious of the line of Ways before Daniel H.Way, Maggie's Father, who was living In Russell County in 1881. The records indicate they were Irish.
Thanks
Bill Ross

Posted: 1410034218000
Sorry for the delay in answering your query. I've taken a long holiday from genealogy research and only recently got back into it.

Daniel H. Way (1848 - 1917) was married to Catherine Johnston (1853-1940). Daniel's parents were Samuel Way (1813-1879) who was married to Mary McGill (1816-1901). Samuel was a brother or cousin to my gg grandfather Daniel who also settled in Russell County.

Posted: 1449787395000
Surnames: Way, Brown
Can you tell me if your Way line includes Anna Way, born Mar. 27, 1779 in Halfmoon, Saratoga, New York, and died Apr. 20, 1855 in Camden East, Lennox, Ontario and married Caleb Brown in NY in 1803.
Her father was David Way, was born 1756 in Fishkill, and died May 14 1821 in Halfmoon, Saratoga, New York.
His father was John Way, was born July 1, 1725, and died aft. 1790 in Fishkil, Dutchess, New York.
His father was James Way was b. July 1, 1694 and died Jan. 8, 1767 in Queens, Livingston, New York.
His father was Francis Way, died Dec 31 1712, Newtown, Queens, New
York.
His father was James, died Oct. 2, 1685 in Newtown, Queens, New
York.
His father was Rev. Henry Way.
My Way line is traced back to Dorset, England. My 9th great grandfather,
Rev. Henry Way, immigrated in 1630, on the Mary & John. .
On the ship with him and his wife were 9 children, and one of them died
during the voyage. They lost 2 children before them sailed and one child
was born in Mass.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic