Search for content in message boards

POWER - MACDONALD

POWER - MACDONALD

Posted: 15 Oct 2009 5:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: POWER, MACDONALD, HAZEL
Helen Macdonald born 1874 in Drymen, Stirling, Scotland was the daughter of Angus Macdonald (1838 – 1897) and Jessie Forbes born in 1842.

Their children were:
Robert Macdonald b 1863 Kilmonivaig, Invernesshire, Scotland.
Kenneth McDonald b1865. Kilmonivaig, Invernesshire, Scotland
Annie Macdonald b 1868 Kiltairn, Ross & Cromarty, Scotland (married Samuel Bridger Woolgar).
John MacDonald b 1870. Ednam, Roxburghshire
Angus MacDonald b 1872. Scotland
Helens Macdonald 24 Oct 1874 Drymen, Stirling, Scotland
Jane MacDonald b 1878. Scotland
Charles MacDonald b 1880. Henllan, Denbighshire, Wales
Jessie MacDonald b 1882. Scotland
James MacDonald b 1887. Denbighshire, Montgomeryshire, Powys

Helen married a gentleman by the name of POWER. This showed up on marriage certificate when she later married Aleck B Hazel on the 27th November 1917.

Aleck Hazel 1888 – 1958 was 13 years younger than Helen and I doubt that they had any children. Aleck worked in the Argentine and he and Helen traveled back and from. Also many of Helens relatives emigrated to the Argentine.

I am trying to find out firstly the name of Helens first husband and secondly if they had any children.

Kindest regards
Tess Cawley (Cape Town)
tesscawley@telkomsa.net

Re: POWER - MACDONALD

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 5:31AM GMT
Hi Tess,
I found your family tree on Ancestry.com. Is there any reason you thought they lived in Power County, Idaho, USA?
I looked under Macdonald, Power and Hazel and didn't find any one of them in Power Co., ID.

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 4:27PM GMT
Hi
I don't know where "Power County, Idaho, USA" comes into this.
Helen MacDonald came from Scotland, lived in Wales for a while and went to Sussex as did her parents and siblings. Somewhere between 1897 (when Helen was 21)and when she married Aleck in 1917 she was married to a gentleman by the name of Power (I don't know his first name or anything about him)and he died. (Helen said she was a widow on her 2nd marriage certificate)

I have tracked some posibilites which I have put on the tree for now but may alter them is I can find some more substantial info. The is a trip - Argentina, River Plate to Southampton with a Mrs Power and Mr J Power. I have then found a James Power on the census living not far from Helen in Sussex who died abt 1907. I can't prove its the ones I am looking for and rather doubtful.

Kindest regards
Tess

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 7:29PM GMT
You posted your message to the Power County Idaho message board. Looks like you meant to post to the Power surname board? If this is the case, then click on report abuse on your original message and tell the administrator to move your message to the more appropriate board.

Nellie

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 2:38PM GMT
Surnames: POWER, MACDONALD
Hi,

I do not know where Helen's first husband by the surname of "Power" came from. I can not make a connection in the UK, Scotland, Wales or Ireland. I have searched the Argentina web sites available and checked on Ancestry.com for Canada and the US and still can't find them. The first record I have is a steamship journey from River Plate, Argentine for Helen Power. The second entry I have is when she married my adopted father in 1917 at Pancras, London and then when she subsequently traveled to and fro the Argentine with him. The gentleman may well have come from the U.S. I don't know that's why the posting. At the same time I am not saying that that is where he does come from.
Kindest regards

Posted: 1 Nov 2009 2:46PM GMT
The problem is, the message boards have specific rules/guidelines that must be followed when posting to them. Your message must show relevance to that board, in your message you do not show any relevance to this county board other than you are researching the surname Power - that makes your message relevant to the surname board rather than this county board.

You can find more information about posting by reading ancestry's guidelines and frequently asked question links.

Nellie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic