Search for content in message boards

Homestead or Ranch Families

Homestead or Ranch Families

Posted: 16 Apr 2009 4:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Please contact me if you have any family that homesteaded or ranched in Albany County.

Histories are being composed about all the homesteads and ranches in Albany County and we would like you to share your information that will go into a Wyoming Archives for future generations.

Look forward to hearing from you. Please contact the history team at dicksiem@yahoo.com.

Re: Homestead or Ranch Families

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 8:49PM GMT
I have strong family history in Albany county. Kafka-Barrett-Garrett-Wilkinon

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 10:27PM GMT
We sure would be happy to get ranch histories from you . . .Are any of your ranch families still in business? I have a Roger Garrett ranch listed. Is that your family? I don't have the other names on our list, but we are very eager to get histories on every rancher in Albany County. You can contact me at dicksiem@yahoo.com and I can send you a questionair to help you write your history if you have not already done so. Hope to hear from you soon!

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 10:42PM GMT
Yes, Roger Garrett is a relative. I am also sending this to my aunt-JoEllen Kafka Petersen who grew up in the Wheatland area and knows more of the history than I do. My great aunt Mary Barrett still lives in Wheatland. She would have knowledge of most of it, also. She would be in the phone book, (perhaps under Irwin Barrett.) Their son Davey lives there, too, I think. Last I knew, they still had a ranch out there.

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 5:46AM GMT
Surnames: Kafka
This is so interesting! My Grandpa is Tom Erwin Kafka. I would love to see what all you know about our family!

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 7:15PM GMT
There are 3 replies to my message about Homesteads or Ranch Families from countrygirl4life2008, jbasye57 and countrygirl4l refarding Kafka and other families in Albany County. Are all of these from the same person?

Contact me at dicksiem@yahoo.com so we can discuss these ranch histories. The ranch history team is eager to get this project done by the end of 2010.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic