Search for content in message boards

Creek Roll Information

Creek Roll Information

Wes Noon (View posts)
Posted: 924264000000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1274326370000
CREEK NDN WILL HELP FIND TRIBAL CONNECTION: I have a "Campbell's Abstract of Creek and Seminole Census Cards and Index. Published in 1915 and 1925. More information at and
The books provide most information from the orginal census card and the index help connection the indivdual families.

Vernell Mancuso (View posts)
Posted: 924782400000
Surnames: Lott, McGee, McGeehe

Creeknation Info, IT Query

Lott, James L.
McGee, Elizabeth
McGeehe, Sucky

Creek ,G.G.grandparents surnames

Nancy Pinksaw (View posts)
Posted: 927115200000
Surnames: MacDonald, Benning
My G.granmothers maiden name was MacDonald. She married a ? Benning , in Georgia I believe. My Granmother, Dovie MacDonald-Benning was born in Waverly Hall, GA. Her birth records were destroed in a fire there. She is now deceased. My grandmother said that she was Creek Indian. I want to know my GGGgrandparents names were, and which of them was Creek?

Jannie Lackey-Balliett (View posts)
Posted: 932126400000
Edited: 1274326422000
Surnames: MacDonald, Silvertooth
I am from the Silvertooth line marring into the Lackey line.
My lineage comes from George Silvertooth who has Murvin MacDonald-Silvertooth lineage an so forth.
The links are from inter-white-marriages or Scot-Irish adopting Cherokee children, don't know for certain as yet, although Cherokee blood has been a part of my history and ancestry, so I am by blood. A Silvertooth said they were from a special tribe of Cherokee and alot had the name MacDonald....commonly McDonald.............Will compare info anytime.......feel free to contact me.

Annie McDonald

Posted: 978609600000
Edited: 1001677563000
Surnames: McDonald, Bass
I am looking for information about my GG-grandmother. Her name was Annie McDonald. She would have been born about 1847. In 1869 she married Joseph M. Welch in Ozark County Missouri. There were 3 sons born to this marriage. They were Amos S. Welch, John Welch and Eli William Welch. Eli William is my G-grandfather. Two months after Eli was born, Annie died. Information has been passed down from generation to gneration that Annie was either Creek or Cherokee Indian.

My G-grandfather married Sally Jane Bass. She was the daugher of Asberry W. Bass and Easter C. DeArmond. Asberry W. Bass was the son of William H. Bass. Asberry and William Bass were both said to have been of Creek Indian ancestery.

Please help:

Re: Creek ,G.G.grandparents surnames

Jackie (View posts)
Posted: 1053900450000
Classification: Lookup
I am trying to find onfo on my g. grandma Lutilda Benefield possible surname Swit I have info about her 1st marriage to a Charley Laffoon Creek Nation Indian Territiory 87-95 206:211 does anyone know what these #s mean?

Re: Creek Roll Information

Posted: 1274279437000
Wes: Maybe you can help me with finding further information on Solomon Taylor who was an enrolled Creek. There were two Solomon Taylors - one Creek and on Choctaw. I know where he was in 1910 as an elder. He was living with his grand daughter's family, Katie Lee Taylor Wiler, in the Choctaw Nation/Bennington, OK. He had a son named James Lee Taylor. I desire to find further information on him - where he resided previously, where born and who his other children were.

Posted: 1513039917000
Surnames: Benefield, Lafoon
I'm curious if you ever found more information on Lutilda Benefield? She is my second great grandmother, and I know information given to me by my grandmother about her marriage to George Washington Smith, but I am trying to find more information regarding her first marriage to Charles Lafoon & the children they had together. Family lore is that her first husband was a mean and cruel man to her & that Lutilda's brother killed him & threw his body in the river. I have found that Charles Lafoon died very young. I am trying to corroborate that story. I hope you see this, thanks!

Posted: 1513410987000
Edited: 1513411428000
Hello Jennifer, I searched the Creek, Cherokee, Choctaw, Chickasaw and Seminole Dawes Census Roll for the names you mentioned. They only name to show on the tribal rolls were "George Smith" "George W. Smith" You can use this link to check out the 20 different names. If the hyperlink doesn't work, Cut & Paste the following link w/o any spaces:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic