Search for content in message boards

Gainsville Logtown Newspaper

Gainsville Logtown Newspaper

Posted: 23 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 11:33AM GMT
Surnames: Kidd, Russ, Murphy, Boyet, Daniels
Are you from the Gainsville Logtown Hancock County area? I have no knowledge of these papers but I do have a partial list of graves from the Gainsville cemetery before Nasa. AKA Stennis Space Flight Center. My family is from this area are you doing research becayse there are Landrums in my Tree.

Re: Landrum

Posted: 15 Feb 2002 3:23PM GMT
Edited: 17 Sep 2002 8:50PM GMT
Surnames: Landrum, Davis, Brown, Slaydon, Slatten
Who are your Landrums? I have done extensive research on all Landrum lines including the ones in Hancock County, some of whom moved to Louisiana.

Kathryn

Billie Kaffenberger (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2002 4:23PM GMT
I have Landrum family back to Turiff to my Mother, Lila Landrum Cansler. My quest if for Richard Drake Landrum last known to be in Montgomery Co, AL where he purchased land. He was s/o George Lewis and Rebecca Drake Landrum.
I have heard from relatives that R.D. married Penelope Hammond and can find no mention of that or their deaths. Pick it up with their two sons, Samuel C. and Wm Benjamin Landrum in KY where they married two Beasley sisters.
ANY info or hint will be greatly appreciated.

beverley truax (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2004 1:01AM GMT
Surnames: Landrum Hastine Lewis
Does anyone have any information on James H Landrum according to the 1880 census born in Missippi married Sarah Hastine born in Louisiana

James was born abt 1849.

This family went to Oklahoma

Posted: 30 May 2007 2:17PM GMT
My wife descends from Franklin P. Landrum and Kiziah Brown. After his death, Kiziah married John H Bedgood and moved to Louisiana. Sons Albert and Frank Landrum later moved to Louisiana but son Lucius stayed in Hancock County.

Does anyone know which military unit Franklin P served in during the Civil War and where he was buried?

His brother Jackson Landrum enlisted in Company C, 38th Cavalry Regiment Mississippi.

Re: Who was Annie Landrum

Posted: 31 Jul 2007 3:51PM GMT
Surnames: Landrum
Was she the daughter of Jackson Landrum of Hancock Co Ms.?

1900 United States Federal Census
Name: Annie Landrum
Home in 1900: Gainesville, Hancock, Mississippi
Birth: May, 1883
Birthplace: Mississippi
Relationship to head-of-house: Niece
Race: White

Household Members: Name Age
Harriett Smith 55
Wiley Smith 26
Josephine Smith 27
Elcey Smith 2
Estellar Smith 1
Annie Landrum 17

Posted: 2 Aug 2007 9:43PM GMT
Annie was the daughter of Lucius Lamar Landrum and his first wife, Melissa Lewis. Harriet Brown was the wife of James Wiley Smith, son of Jordan Smith and Frances Angeline Whitfield, other Brown siblings, Keziah Brown married Franklin P. Landrum (grandmother of Annie) another sister Rebecca Brown married Jesse Emmitt Smith (son of Jordan)(my great grandparents) Harriet, Rebecca and Keziah were the children of Robert Brown and Jane Davis.

Annie married Leonard W. Cuevas.

Posted: 6 Aug 2007 2:28PM GMT
"Annie was the daughter of Lucius Lamar Landrum and his first wife, Melissa Lewis."

Dear BettySmithDavis

Thank you very much.

My wife descends from Franklin P. Landrum and Kiziah Brown.

I have been helping my father-in-law fill in some "Landrum" data. I found Kiziah and second husband John H. Bedgood in Calcasieu Parish, La in 1870 with his/their children but none of Kiziah's children by Franklin P Landrum were with her.

In 1880 the Bedgood family was in Vernon Parish, La and Kiziah's son Albert Landrum was listed nearby with a new spouse.

PS My father-in-law says the spelling of her name on her gravestone is "Kizsirah". That is surely a variation on "Kiziah" but one I had not run across.

Posted: 3 Jan 2010 3:43AM GMT
Hey,
I'm a decendant of Robert Brown and Jane Davis who where Kiziah parents. You mention the cementary where she was buried. Would you remember the name and location of the cemetery.
Thanks,
James Brown

Re: Gainsville Logtown Newspaper

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 1:37AM GMT
Hello, I work at Stennis Space Center and I am doing a research project currently about the land that was acquired to build NASA. I would love to see the Gainesville papers that you have. We have a list of the graves that where moved but do not have names for those that were unmarked. Please reply, I may have some great info for you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic