Search for content in message boards

Mason Triplets - 1912

Mason Triplets - 1912

Bud Mason (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2006 2:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mason
Does anyone recognize the lady & her daughters in the attached photograph? The back of the picture is labeled, "The Mason Triplets - 1912." I believe this to be Hattie Mason (b. 1894), wife of Gus Mason (b. abt. 1875). On each of the babies' dress is her name; "Callie," "M_ _ _ lie," & "Allie." I found this picture in a photo album in MS, & I believe these people are somehow related to me. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Attachments:

Re: Mason Triplets - 1912

Posted: 15 Sep 2006 12:22AM GMT
YES! Well, I don't recognize them as babies, but what a small world. I used to go to Church with these ladies in Spartanburg, SC. Callie Mason Allen was married to George Willis Allen. She passed away in February, 2002 at the age of 90. If I remember correctly, there was a newspaper article about her in the local paper. I'll see if I can find it. Mallie Elease Mason, evidently never married, passed away in September, 1987 at the age of 76. I can't find Allie yet. I will have to try to find out what her last name was; it was several years ago and I'm just not certain.

I will go to the library and pull up the obituaries for you and find out all the details I can.

Small world, isn't it?

I will be back in touch.

Linda Caldwell Stone
Spartanburg, SC

Bud Mason (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2006 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: Mason
Thank you, Linda, for your reply. And, my thanks to others, as well. The information you've all given me has been most helpful.

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 3:54PM GMT
Hello, My Father, Everett Leon Mason, son of Mathis Mason, had an uncle named Gus. I will have to look and see if Mathis had a brother named Gus, or if this was a cousin.
Who were your Grandparents? Are they from the Carolinas or Virginia? Would love to hear back from you.
Shirley

Posted: 21 Apr 2010 3:04AM GMT
Surnames: Mason, Mathis, Matthews
Shirley, I sent you an email, but since then, I have looked at my notes concerning these Mason triplets. They were children of James Perry Mason (1871-1936) & Emma Ross (1881-1953). The parents of James Perry Mason were Guilford Mason (1820-1897) & Margaret Smith (1826-1920). The only Gus Mason I've found in my files is a Gus Mason (b. abt. 1862). He was also a descendant of Guilford Mason - a grandson. However, the only Mathis Masons or Edwin Masons, of whom I am aware, were descendants of the John Mason, who appeared on the 1790-1810 census of Spartanburg County. Although I have no proof, at this time, I don't believe that Guilford Mason was one of the descendants of John Mason. I hope this information is of some help to you.

Posted: 21 Apr 2010 7:22PM GMT
Thanks a lot for the reply, Yes Mathis and Edwin weere decendents of John. I have had some problems finding which John to follow, I think there was more than one.
Have a great day!!
Shirley

Posted: 22 Apr 2010 2:15AM GMT
Thanks for the response, Shirley. I trust that you received the file that I emailed to you concerning John Mason, and I hope you found it helpful. If I can be of any help, please feel free to email me at any time. Good luck.

Bud Mason

Posted: 22 Apr 2010 10:53PM GMT
Hi Bud,
No I didn't get the file, sometimes my e-mail is hateful, If I could ask you to resend it here is another e-mail that works better for getting files stillmisplaced53@yahoo.com
Thanks a lot for your help.
Shirley

Posted: 22 Apr 2010 10:53PM GMT
Hi Bud,
No I didn't get the file, sometimes my e-mail is hateful, If I could ask you to resend it here is another e-mail that works better for getting files stillmisplaced53@yahoo.com
Thanks a lot for your help.
Shirley

Posted: 23 Apr 2010 11:08AM GMT
Surnames: Mason, Mathis
Shirley, I emailed the files to you again. Please let me know if you don't receive them. Thanks.

Bud Mason
per page

Find a board about a specific topic