Search for content in message boards

Looking for children of Matthew Palmer Game, American Consulate General in Guayaquil

Looking for children of Matthew Palmer Game, American Consulate General in Guayaquil

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 7:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Game, Jimenez, Bustamante
I am looking for the children of American Consulate General, Matthew Palmer Game, 1805-1888, and his wife Francisca Jimenez. I have found two children, Mateo Francisco, died about 1909 in California and Juan Antonio, 1849-1898 in Guayaquil, married Gertrudis Bustamante and had 12 children. I understand that Francisca Jimenez was a member of one of the leading families in Guayaquil and that her family very likely originated in Spain, but I have no information on her family. Matthew Palmer Game was buried on his estate on the Island of Puna.

Re: Looking for children of Matthew Palmer Game, American Consulate General in Guayaquil

Posted: 18 Aug 2010 4:41AM GMT
Surnames: Game
I am actually trying to look for them too... did you find any info? I am a Game and I want to know from which of the sons of Matthew Game my ancestors are.

Thanks

Re: Looking for children of Matthew Palmer Game, American Consulate General in Guayaquil

Posted: 19 Aug 2010 7:44PM GMT
Surnames: Game, Jimenez, Bustamante
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately yours is the first response I've received to this message and I just have not been able to find anything on the Internet about Matthew Palmer Game's children. Could you email me at luv_u_suzieq@yahoo.com with the information you have about your family? Maybe there's a clue in a name that might help us find which child your ancestors descended from. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Suzie Nash

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 12:25AM GMT
Hello,

I am a descendant of Juan Antonio Game and Carmen Mesa. My mother Carmen Rodriguez Game is his granddaughter, her mother Carmen Game Mesa was one of 5 children. My mother is now 94 years old and resides with me in the USA. Please let me know why are you looking for Game descendants. We are also trying to research more from the Games.

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 4:19AM GMT
My grand mother is supposed to be a grandaugther to Matthew Palmer Game,her mother was a young maid and she had an affair with one of his sons,there were 5 children including a set of twins one of which died at birth she is about 92 yrs.old,my 2nd. cousin Maria Luisa and I agree that the math adds up.

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 4:25PM GMT
Could you send me some additional information, your great-grandmother's name, the name of the son of MP Game so that I might add that to the information I have? Thank you for replying and sharing that bit of your family's history with me. I'm very sorry for not replying sooner; our daughter and her five children live with my husband and I and as you might imagine, things can get hectic. Also, could you include the names of the children?

Best regards,
Suzie Nash
luv_u_suzieq@yahoo.com

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 4:36PM GMT
Surnames: Game, Stauffer, Myers
Thank you very much for your reply. Attaining 94 years is a wonderful feat; my best wishes to your mother. My interest in the Game family began when I was researching Harriet Myers McVicker of Chicago, Illinois. Her daughter Mary Frances was the second wife of the actor Edwin Booth. Harriet Myers McVicker's sister Anna married Henry Stauffer and their daughter Clarabelle Stauffer married Mateo Francisco Game, son of Matthew Palmer Game. Please email me at luv_u_suzieq@yahoo.com; I have a friend in Santa Barbara, CA who is also related and I know she would like hearing from you too. Again, thank you for replying to my post. I'm very anxious to find more information on this very interesting family.

Best regards,
Suzie Nash
Lompoc, CA
luv_u_suzieq@yahoo.com

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 4:50PM GMT
Check out the last two messages in this thread. I think we're making some progress on the Games but it is slow going. Have you found anything? I'd just like to find a list of the names of his children!

Best,
Suzie Nash

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 11:55PM GMT
Hi,google a brief history of the American consulate general at Guayaquil Ecuador,and you will find more info about Matthew Palmer Game,now cotoparla is my 2nd. cousin her mother and my grandmother are Games ,Matthew is their greatgrandfather,and i believe Antonio is their grandfather,but if you contact her she has more information,names,and history,i,also have,and she does too an article written in 2009 in an Ecuadorian Newspaper,where they are looking for relatives

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 3:50PM GMT
As I was reading both replies I had the feeling I was writing to cousins. I will wait until after Thanksgiving to see if she replies and if not, I will reply to her again. I've seen the article on Matthew Palmer Game on the Internet and it was a very informative article; however, I just wish it had had a list of all his children rather than saying he had a large family. That was disappointing.

Thank you for the information.

Suzie Nash
per page

Find a board about a specific topic