Search for content in message boards

Parker,Rose,Harris,Williams 1939 reunion

Parker,Rose,Harris,Williams 1939 reunion

Wayne N. Parker (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2006 3:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parker,Rose,Harris,Williams,Adair,Young,Wortham,Hitt,Emerson,Eppe,Murphy,Tenhet
On Sunday June 4,1939 at the home of M.H.Ingram of Alva,Ms.the reunion of decendants from Samuel and Richard Parker (brothers),Terrel Rose,David Higgins Harris,George W. Williams.I am kin to all five families,have information to share with all cousins.

Re: Parker,Rose,Harris,Williams 1939 reunion

Posted: 25 Oct 2006 1:22PM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2006 1:48PM GMT
Surnames: Adair, Herring, Williams, Davis, Dodson/Dotson, Neal, Bell, Jones
I am interested in George W. Williams. Did he have a daughter by the name of Della, b. Mar 1874. She married Pleasant "Ped" Walker Adair abt. 1893 in Montgomery Co. They had a daughter, Annie b. Jun 1895. Ped and Della moved to Texas. In the 1900 Mont. Co. census George W. Williams was living with Pleasant and Della in Winona. It stated he was b. July 1829 in Alabama.

Do you have any information on George W. Williams and Della? Who did George marry?

Pleasant Walker Adair was my grandmother, Druetta Adair Bell's brother. Pleasant Walker was the son of James C. Adair and Kiziah Jane Herring. They were my great grandparents.

I had a copy of the reunion that I used in the Montgomery County History Book that I had published. A lady from Alva gave it to me.

Thank you,
Evelyn

Posted: 25 Oct 2006 10:53PM GMT
No I don't have anything on George W. Williams and wife Della.What I did was use the reunion list as a starting point and have connected most all the people listed to their family trees.I can e-mail you the results if you want them .The files are to big to list here. George W. Williams married Mary "Polly " Cotton. My great-grandfather James H. Parker sister Mary married Isaas Granger Adair brother to your James C. Adair.I lived in Winona till 1968 then moved to Texas.
Wayne Nelson Parker

Posted: 27 Oct 2006 10:38PM GMT
Evelyn, do you have any of your book or books for sell? My copy of The Winona Times article was giving to me many years ago by a cousin.Last year I decided to research the list and add the people into my family trees.Are you kin to Tilman(?) Bell of Winona.
Wayne

Posted: 13 Nov 2007 5:11PM GMT
Surnames: Parker, Williams
Wayne,

I just saw your post re Parkers, etc., and the 1939 reunion.

A few years back, Becky Holmes sent me quite a bit of material on the Parkers and Williams families. Do you have any clue as to whether she might have obtained the same material? If not, I would like to send you a list of what I have, and find out whether you have more material to add.

George W. Williams (b 1802, buried at Red Hill), was a brother of my ancestor, Ezekiel Williams.

Thanks for a reply.

Gordon Smith
gordonsmith1@cablelynx.com

Posted: 28 Aug 2010 2:33AM GMT
Would there be any info on a Mary Jane Parker born about 1854 and died around 1929. Hard chidren May, Clarissa, Frank, Tom and Lesley. Their last names where Powell or hugger?

Posted: 28 Aug 2010 4:50PM GMT
I am sorry but I don't have any information in my files on a Mary Parker Powell or Hugger and her family.
Wayne N.Parker

Posted: 2 May 2013 12:36PM GMT
How about a Sam Parker. He had children Cloma and Ernest Parker. Their mother was Clarissa Hugger Powell. Cloma and her family (husband: James 'Jimmie' Harrell) moved to Texas. Any info?

Posted: 2 May 2013 2:20PM GMT
Good Morning,
I don't have them in my file but tell me more about them and I will see if I can find out any more information for you.
Meanwhile you can check out my on-line file and see if I have anyone else that you are researching.

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&d...

Wayne N.Parker researcher for P-239 FG#7 Y-DNA Project.

Posted: 2 May 2013 3:48PM GMT
My grandfather, Tom Hugger 1872-1954, was born in Winona, Ms. to Mary Jane Powell(Hugger)1854 - 1929. She also was born in Winona. She also had a daughter, Clarissa Hugger, who married or had a relation with Sam Parker, which produce two children. Cloma Parker Harrell 1892 in Winona - 1975 Tarrant County,Texas and Ernest Parker who also married the sister of his sisters husband. Jimmie and Cloma Parker Harrell moved to Texas. I have Cloma's death certificate, which list Classie Hugger and Sam Parker as parents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic