HALE/STRICKLAND

HALE/STRICKLAND

Janice (View posts)
Posted: 892900800000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1033780059000
Surnames: HALE, STRICKLAND

I am interested in corresponding with other searchers for
history and connections with descendants of Chief Far-Off and his wife Hannah HALE. Particularly interested in their
dtr. Jane or Jennie HALE who married Simeon STRICKLAND who was reputed to have been born in TN of the Creek Tribe..

Hannah Hale

Emmett (View posts)
Posted: 935409600000
Surnames: Hale
Janice, If you have documentation that Celia Elliot was the wife of David Hale please sent it to me or tell me where I can find it. I have searched a long time for the maiden names of David and Samuel's wifes. I don't think Sealie was the same person. She died Oct. 2, 1900. This would make her much to old to be his wife.

I have a document filed by John E. Miles (guardian of the heirs) for indemnities for the losses suffered in the Creek War by Hannah Hale and Polly Jones. Polly was the wife of William Jones. I am curious as to why Mr. Miles was appointed as guardian. Could it be he was married to an unknown sister?
Thank you for the responce. Please stay in contact with me. Mabe we can solve this mystery.
Emmett eshows1296@aol.com

HANNAH HALE

Jancie (View posts)
Edited: 1324785354000
Surnames: HALE
I don't have that much on Samuel and David. I have no mention of any children of Hannah Hale except the following:
Jane or Jennie Hale
Mary Hale
Polly? Hale
David Hale
Samuel Hale

Could the "Sealie" you mention possibly be David Hale's wife, Celia Elliott?

Hannah Hale

Emmett (View posts)
Janice, I am new to the internet and Genealogy Web searching and just saw youe message. I am also interested in the Creek Indian Hale's. There is complete documentation on Simeon Strickland and Jane Hale. Since your message was posted back in April, I would think you have received much info on this subject by now. My interest is in her two brothers, Samuel and David. There were three sisters, Jane being one. I have just yesterday, 22 Aug., found the name of another. Her Name was Sealie. Documentation shows that David died in Pass Christain Miss. in August 1837 while waiting for a boat to carry them West. I have found no other mention of Samuel after 1837. I have found no names of their children. If you have not received any info on Jane I will gladly send you what I have. Please respond with any info on these two brothers.

Hannah Hale

Emmett (View posts)
Posted: 935496000000
Janice, thanks for the return.
I have the genealogy of Michael (Ehlert) Elliot who was married to a Creek woman named Peggy. There were no girls named Celia or Rebecca. The two daughters were Elizabeth, who married Dixon Moniac, and Margaret who never married. The sons were Charles the oldest, William, and Michael who was born in 1802. Neither of these sons has daughters with those names.

I made an attempt to mail you through Compose Mail with a scanned page of a map I constructed attached to it, but it came back saying it could not locate your address. The map shows the location of the land the Hales and their neighbors received from the 1817 Treaty. The Jones, Miles, Ehlert, Smith, McGirt, Tuley, Randon, and Fisher's were around them. I also have copies of original documents (in Samuel and David's hand writing) scanned and ready.

Please feel free to ask for any information you think I may have.

Hannah Hale

Jancie (View posts)
Posted: 935496000000
Sorry, I have no documentation on Celia Elliott, no dob or dod. Just have her listed as David Hale's wife. As for Samuel Hale's wife..I have her as Rebecca Elliott. Could she possibly be a sister of Celia? It's a clue, anyway. I have in my files that Samuel died after 1837 in Oklahoma Territory.

Re: Hannah Hale

Posted: 1014615142000
Hi Emmett,
Now I am the new "kid on the block". I'm finding that a lot of
important facts I have gotten from another source (not this
message board) is incorrect. So, now I am busy correcting.
Would you please send me any information you have on
Jenny Hale and her Creek Indian relatives?
Many thanks,
JoAnn

Posted: 1033673996000
My name is Donna Henderson, my husband is Paul Henderson from Greene County Miss. he is a direct decendent of William Isaac Henderson and Elizabeth Hale Strickland daughter of Simeon Strickland and Jane (Jenny) Hale. Who was Simeon's father?? John Mark or David?? Who was John Mark's father? William or Jacob? What and where can I get the complete documentation on Simeon and Jane? My e-mail address is donna.henderson@mail.state.ar.us Thanks for your help

Posted: 1324698279000
I'm trying to find info on the James Hale ,he's my Grandfather, On the 1900 Census,it list him with a Cilla Hale ,as her cousin. Any info would help thanks Jan
jice52@windstream.net

Re: HANNAH HALE

Posted: 1515406992000
Any info
per page

Find a board about a specific topic