Search for content in message boards

Maria Szoke

Maria Szoke

Posted: 30 Mar 2010 9:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Szoke, Budai or Buday, Papp
I'm looking for information of the parents of Maria Szoke b. 25 April 1884 in Mako, Hungary d. 28 Aug 1924 . Her father was Istvan (Steven) Szoke and mother Rozalina (Rosa) Budai. Istvan d. before 1914 and Rozalina d. 25 March 1925. Maria Szoke married Sandor Jozsef Papp (Alexander Joesph Papp) abt. 1914 in Mako, Hungary then moved to Debrecen Hungary. Maria and Sandor had two childern Karloy Istvan Papp (Charles Steven Papp) b. 16 Feb 1917 d. 2006., and Maria Olga Papp b. 17 Sept 1920 d. 1994. Maria Szoke Papp died in a house fire in 1924 in Debercen. Rozalina Budai (or Buday) Szoke had a brother named Gyula Budai of Karva, Hungary.

Re: Maria Szoke

Posted: 23 Jan 2012 8:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Budai
Hi,
I believe my maternal grandfather was named Gyula Budai and was born in 1897. I don't know much about him, except he was a shoemaker and was married to Erzsebet Petro. During the 1930's he and his family lived in Pomaz Hungary just north of Budapest. There was a record of an Anna Budai, but I'm not sure if she is related by blood or marriage. As far as I know he only had 2 children.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic