Search for content in message boards

Casiuk/Cacyuk/Orisiuk Families of Mitoka Dragomirna

Casiuk/Cacyuk/Orisiuk Families of Mitoka Dragomirna

Susan Cacyuk (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2005 1:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Sep 2005 8:34PM GMT
Surnames: Casiuk, Cacyuk, Orisiuk
Looking for information on two brothers named Alexander and Peter Casiuk. They came to America in the early 1900's from Mitoka Dragomirna. Alexander changed the spelling of his last name from Casiuk to Cacyuk when he came to America. Peter kept the original spelling. Their parents names were John Casiuk and Domnica Orisiuk. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Casiuk/Cacyuk/Orisiuk Families of Mitoka Dragomirna

Posted: 25 Dec 2008 12:52AM GMT
Looking for family members

Posted: 16 Jan 2009 11:29PM GMT
Please contact me at sdcacyuk@yahoo.com

Posted: 7 Feb 2009 8:42PM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2009 8:02AM GMT
Surnames: Uhl
My great grandparents also came from Mitoka Dragomirna, Bukovina, Austria providence at the time...now Romania...settled in Naperville, Illinois in 1909. There names were Peter and Francis Uhl. I was told that the families that came from Mitoka were mostly relatives and friends with German origin. A lot of these families and friends left before WWI and settled in Naperville to work at Kroehler Furniture Manufacturer. Some went back to Bukovina to visit and get them out before the WWI broke out...later in WWII some Germans left Bukovina and went back to Germany. The Soviets occupied the Region in WWII. Several of our families and friends owned farms in Naperville...some lived on Webster and Eagle street in Naperville. There is a farmers memorial downtown Naperville with the families names. Naperville is very wealthy town with German-Austrian influences. It is rated as one of the best places in the country to raise children. Most of our families are buried in the Naperville Cemetary. Here are some links for you reviewing. My father got my great grandparents immigration papers in Chicago. My great grandmothers papers were harder to get because the Soviets occupied Bukovina in WWII. http://www.bukovinasociety.org/news/Naperville-Sun-2004-12-2...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic