Search for content in message boards

Quanah Parker family tree

Quanah Parker family tree

Posted: 1489464919000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parker, Bergman,White, Hitt
My mother recently passed and all my life she spoke of our direct relation to Quanah Parker from her side of our family. We are white skinned but my mother actually bore a very strong facial resemblance to Quanah. However I am not finding much beyond my great grandparents. Their last name was Bergman. Mom told me her grandmother was very closely related to Parker but I don't remember if she was a child or grandchild of his. She never told me which side of her family her grandmother was from. My mom's parents were DeRoy and Billye Jeanna (White) Bergman. Her father's parents were Roy Bergman and Lena Mae (Hitt) Bergman. I cannot find anything on Lena's life.

Re: Quanah Parker family tree

Posted: 1496617382000
Classification: Query
Hi,

If you do a Google search for Quanah Parker Family Tree, several will appear. Parker was his non-native wife's surname. All of his ancestors have Native American names and her tree doesn't have a White, Bergman or Hitt in it.

You might want to consider a DNA test. I don't know much about it but it's explained at DNA Detectives, www.thednadetectives.com. Successful Searching!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic