Search for content in message boards

ALLPHIN & JOHNSON

Ransom Allphin

Jim Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Allphin, Johnson
Ransom Allphin (born Dec. 10, 1812), oldest child of Shelton Allphin and Martha Taylor, was married in 1830 to Elizabeth Johnson of Tennessee (born in 1812. Their children were Louise Elizabeth, born in 1832 in Illinois; Martha born in 1834; Bernetta born in 1837; Thomas born in 1838; Margaret Elizabeth born in 1842; Katherine born in 1845; James born in 1846; and Washington.

Ransom Allphin, also known as "Rance", was the first child of Shelton and Martha Taylor Allphin. One of his sisters, Emily Catherine (Kate) Allphin, was the wife of George Washington Robinson, who was wounded in the Battle of San Jacinto. They are my 2Great Grandparents.

Unfortunately, I don't have any information indicating if Elizabeth Johnson Allphin had other relatives buried in the Allphin Cemetery, the land for which was donated by Ransom Allphin.

ALLPHIN & JOHNSON

Jerry Jones (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ALLPHIN - JOHNSON
I am trying to see if the Ranson Allphin and his wife Elizabeth Johnson buired in the Allphin Cemetery in Madison County are connected to my Johnsons in the same cemetery. If any work has been done I could use the help?
Also would any one have the names of there children?

Re: Ransom Allphin

Posted: 4 Mar 2002 8:36PM GMT
Edited: 30 Nov 2002 11:34PM GMT
My ggrandmother was "Edy" Robinson Morris. Guess that makes us related. Would you like to compare notes? I have been at this for about a year.I still have some questions .My grandmother was Leta Pearl Morris Gullatt. How much do you know about the Gullatts? Thank you

Posted: 19 Mar 2002 2:55AM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, Allphin
Sorry for the delay in responding to your post on the Madison County message board.

I would very much like to compare notes on information you have about the Robinson/Allphin families.

Jim Robinson
Madisonville, TX

Donald W. Dean (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2002 5:05PM GMT
Dean Robinnson has toldd me about George Washington's
service. And one of my ancestors , William J. Dean
married George Washington's daughter Mary .

I would like to know more about George. I understand
their may be some information at the library behind
the Alamo. Do you know anything about his relationship
with Gov. Houston?

Thanks, Donald

Re: Ransom Allphin, George Washington Robinson

Posted: 6 Jul 2002 7:12PM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, Allphin
George Washington Robinson married Ransom Allphin's sister, Emily Catherine Allphin. A member of Capt. Ware's company, he was wounded in the Battle of San Jacinto and received a land grant for his service. Sam Houston later appointed him a lieutenant in the Texas Rangers. During most of his life, however, he worked as a physician practicing frontier medicine near Midway in Madison County.

A considerable amount of information on George Washington Robinson can be found in the Texas State Library & Archives in Austin. I haven't checked to see what may be in the Daughter's of the Republic Library at the Alamo.

He was a son of William Robinson, fourth regidor at San Felipe de Austin, and a delegate to the convention prior to the Texas Declaration of Independence. William, who was a ordained Methodist minister, settled near Huntsville and was a colonial surveyor prior to Texas independence. After Montgomery County was established by the Republic of Texas, he was elected to be the first county surveyor. There is information on William Robinson, some of which is incorrect (such as his place of burial) in the Handbook of Texas.

Re: Ransom Allphin, George Washington Robinson

Posted: 25 Mar 2012 5:02AM GMT
My name is Carol Robinson Berkes daughter of John E. Robinson. I would like information on John E. Robinson and his mother Lucy Robinson Smith. I would also like information about John's father who last name is McVey. I do know his birth certificate was changed to show his father was Gordon Robinson(Lucy Robinson brother). I have two items GW Robinson used in his medical practice. I would like to send your dads graduation announcement and a photo that was in my fathers things.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic