Search for content in message boards

Ludwig F. Steinke & August Daniel Ludwig Steinke

Ludwig F. Steinke & August Daniel Ludwig Steinke

Charlotte (Cherry)Lance (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2004 1:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Feb 2005 12:35PM GMT
Surnames: Steinke
To all those out there searching for Ludwig F. Steinke and August Daniel Ludwig Steinke. I have a new e-mail address: sw1488cl@gobigwest.com
I'd love to hear from you if you have found anything new.

Re: Ludwig F. Steinke & August Daniel Ludwig Steinke

Posted: 28 Nov 2004 4:42PM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2005 12:36PM GMT
My grandfather had a brother August Daniel Steinke,
hi was born Dec. 24.1872, also a brother Ludwig Friedrich Steinke born Nov.30 1867. Birthplace I belive Wittun/Posen/West Prussia. Any connection? Please email
grnaggert@comcast.net

Charlotte Lance (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2005 12:43AM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2005 12:36PM GMT
My Ludwig F. Steinke was born April 28, 1829.
His son, August Daniel was born July 21, 1858
I don't know if that helps or not or if we are connected.
He was born in Posen also.
Let me know.

Gerhild Naggert (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2005 1:34AM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2005 12:37PM GMT
Surnames: Steinke, Renz, Roeder
Thank you for the reply.
I have August Daniel Steinke born December 24. 1859 in Wittun/Posen. His parents,Johann Friedrich Steinke born 1836 in Jastremken/Vandsburg and Justine Wilhelmine(Auguste) Renz born 1839 in Hohensee/Vandsburg. Ludwig Friedrich was born Nov. 30 1867 in Wittun, he was a brother of August Daniel Steinke.
Parents of Johann Friedrich Steinke: Christian Stehnke(Steinke)born,1795-1800 and Louise Roeder born March 14.1802 ?
Need help.

Posted: 16 Feb 2005 2:29AM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2005 12:39PM GMT
Surnames: Steinke, Prieske
Hello STEINKE Researcher,

I have seen the message that you posted to the Rootsweb STEINKE Message Board. I am researching my ancestor, Thomas STEINKE who was born ca. 1790-1800 and his wife Rosalie STEINKE (nee PRIESKE). Their daughter was Juliana STEINKE, born 17 April 1819 in Behle, Posen, Prussia.

I have been trying to obtain more information about my family from the church archives in what is today Poland but that has not been forthcoming.

Using the various online map sites I have tried to locate the towns of your STEINKE focus, namely Jastremken/Vandsburg & Hohensee/Vandsburg, with no success. Can you please tell me where these villages are located and whether you have any interest or knowledge of my STEINKE and / or PRIESKE ancestors.

Thanks for any help that you may be able to offer.

Bette

Posted: 16 Feb 2005 3:34PM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2005 4:24PM GMT
Surnames: Steinke, Wiederhoeft, Roeder, Renz, Bethke, Molzahn, Ziesemer, Gatzke
I would love to exchange Steinke info, maybe Thomas Steinke was a brother or cousin of my g g grandfather Christian Steinke,b.1795-1800.
I have a copy of a birth certificate of a Hermann Friedrich Steinke born November 1.1871,his parents: August Steinke and Louise Wiederhoeft from Gross Woellwitz/Flatow, don't know how Hermann fits in to my line , my grandfather was born December 1871.
I need mor info on Christian Steinke married to Louise Roeder.
I have more on my g-grandmother Justine Steinke nee Renz b.
1839 in Hohensee/Vandburg. Names down the line:Bethke, Molzahn, Ziesemer, Gatzke.
Bette, I will e-mail you two maps of Pomerania (now Poland) hope it will help.
Good luck.

Charlote Lance (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2005 2:25AM GMT
Edited: 17 Feb 2005 1:14PM GMT
Surnames: Steinke, Bethke
I don't think we have a match. A lot of the names are the same but parents are different. My August Daniel Ludwig Steinke was born to Ludwig F and Anna Louise (Bethke) Steinke. He was born July 21, 1958.
I too need help. My August had 11 kids, Will, Herman, Julius, Emma, Helen, Fred, Gus, Louise, Alvina and Ben.
Don't know if that helps or not.

Posted: 17 Feb 2005 2:29AM GMT
Edited: 17 Feb 2005 1:15PM GMT
My Steinke family is from or around Schokken, County of Wonggrowitz in the Prussian State of Possen (today located in Poland with the name of Skoki, Poznan).
I don't think our Steinkes are connected, but I really don't know. Thomas, Rosalie and Juliana are not names I recognize with my Steinkes.

Bette McIntosh (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2005 2:52AM GMT
Edited: 17 Feb 2005 1:18PM GMT
Surnames: STEINKE
Unfortunately I have not yet determined the parents of my ancestor, Juliana STEINKE, who was born in 1819 @ Behle, Posen, Prussia. If my memory serves me correctly the town of Behle (today's Biala, Poland) is not too distant from the area of your focus, Schokken, Co. Wonggrowitz (today's Skoki, Poland). What are your earliest dates and names for your STEINKE family in this area?

Posted: 17 Feb 2005 3:06AM GMT
Edited: 17 Feb 2005 1:19PM GMT
Surnames: Steinke, Jess
The earliest I have is Ludwig F born April 1829 married a Louise Bethke June 25, 1856 in Germany. Five children were born to them. Two living, August Daniel Ludwig Steinke and Emma Jess. They immigrated to America in 1872 and settled near Lemont, Il. I have been trying to find his parents. Any help would be appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic