Search for content in message boards

Look Up Crew List - mcNulty

Look Up Crew List - mcNulty

Posted: 16 Apr 2012 8:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Apr 2012 9:04PM GMT
Hi
I was just wondering if anyone could lookup a passenger called Wm F McNulty Seattle Passenger Crew List 1882-1957, I would like to know if Wm F NcNulty could have been returning to Northumberland and born in 1901.
Many Many Thanks

Re: Look Up Crew List - mcNulty

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 2:13AM GMT
Liz. He was arriving in Seattle from Canada in June 1919, 18 years old, an auto mechanic, Irish, his father was Patrick, 147 12th Ave, Vancouver BC, final destination was Seattle, however he was debarred, meaning he was not allowed to enter the US. No explanation as to why. Hope this helps. Don

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 7:11AM GMT
Many thanks Don, very much appreciated. Unfortunately, I dont think this is the Francis I am searching for, which is a shame as the reasons he was not allowed to debarr would have provide facinating.
The Francis I am searching for was born in South Shields, Durham in about 1901 but I cant find him on the census so am stuck, i think the next step is to obtain he birth certificate for some clues.
He was a seaman in the 1930's and shows up on two passengers lists, as a distressed seaman so i was cluthing at claws with the lookup.
Thank you for your time.
Liz

Posted: 22 Apr 2012 2:47AM GMT
Now I have heard of clutching at straws but never clutching at claws :)

Debarred was a term used by Canadian authorities but not US authorities

In which census should he be?

Robert

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 8:08AM GMT
Hi Robert, I didnt even realise, ha ha I suppose I did get to a point where I was clutching at anything straws, paws, claws, they would all have done lol.
Thanks for the reply very much appreciated. I did however, manage to find Francis (Frank) on the 1911 census Hurray! He was born in Jarrow in 1901, then moved with his family to Birkenhead on 1911 Census (with parents Myles and Hannah mcNulty). I assume they moved back to the North East and lived there until their deaths which was in 1943 for Myles.
Frank McNulty appears to have travelled as a seaman and then managed to return to the UK on at least 2 occasions as a distressed seaman.
Thank you so much for your help and interest.
Kind regards
Lisa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic