Search for content in message boards

Rosenberg ship records

Rosenberg ship records

Posted: 1 Apr 2012 3:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Apr 2012 5:58PM GMT
Surnames: Rosenberg
My grandfather immigrated to the US in Jan. 1893 at about the age of 8. According to his natualization record, he came with his parents, Benjamin and Sarah. They landed in Boston, Mass. I haven't been able to find them. I realize that naturalization records don't always have the correct information, but I have tried all kinds of combinations and still no luck. BTW, there is a 30 year age difference between husband and wife. My grandfather was named Morris after they came to the US, but his given name was probably Moses or perhaps Mosche or the like.
Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that their name was probably not Rosenberg. There are a number of names similar to Rosenberg that I have tried, with no luck.
Where do I go from here? Judith

Re: Rosenberg ship records

Posted: 4 Apr 2012 7:46PM GMT
Surnames: ROSENBERG
This post was deleted by the author on 5 Apr 2012 6:13PM GMT

Re: Rosenberg ship records

Posted: 4 Apr 2012 10:19PM GMT
Surnames: Rosenberg
Thank you. I do have that record as well as my grandfather's naturalization record, but I can't find their ship record. My great-grandfather, Benjamin never was naturalized. I don't even have any death records. I do believe that my grandfather died prior to 1907 because my oldest Uncle was named after him and Jews don't usually name their Sons and Daughters after living relatives.
I have pretty much exhausted all leads at this point. Thank you for your interest.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic