Search for content in message boards

daniel g watson

daniel g watson

james watson (View posts)
Posted: 922104000000
Classification: Query
Surnames: watson
looking for the decandents of daniel g watson and fannie watson. i understand they had two children in oklahoma indian territory David C. Watson born 1833 and Josiah Watson born 1840. willing to share info.

Thanks Janes Watson

Watson

Kathy McFarland Smith (View posts)
Posted: 924264000000
Surnames: Watson
Hi James. My great-grandmother was Sarah Watson. She had a half-brother named Sandro "Sandy" Watson. I do not know if Sarah was descended from David or Josiah, but the timing seems roughly accurate. She married Jim McFarland (a notorious outlaw from what I've uncovered) sometime in the 1880's. I hope this helps a bit. I'll let you know if I find out anything more.

Re: daniel g watson

Posted: 1326224142000
This post is so incredibly old, but I would love to chat with you if you still get updates on this. I have the couple listed as my ggg-grandparents, but am not sure that the information is verified. Please contact me or reply to this if you see it!

Posted: 1326371062000
lpayneus

If you could post some of your family information, then it might be possible to help verify it.

Kathy Roberts
VA

Posted: 1326746415000
Edited: 1326769199000
Thanks, Kathy. I had to gather up all of my information. I'll give you all that I have.

My great-grandfather's name was Daniel G. Watson. He was married to Kate Harvison on Dec. 23, 1886 and they had 4 children, but he was deceased at the time of the Dawes Rolls (Card 238). It says that his tribal enrollment was at Hillabee. Kate is listed as 1/2 blood and their children as 1/2 blood, which would mean that he was 1/2 blood also. We also have a copy of their Bible page recording their marriage. He's written as Danl. there.

I have handwritten family charts saying that his name was Daniel Grant Watson and was a child of John Ivy Watson, child of Dan'l Grant Watson and Fannie Nioke (m. 1832). The chart lists lots of siblings and cousins for John Ivy Watson.

There are notes attached to this chart saying that they are taken from a conversation between my aunt and my Grandmother Annie Watson Stockton (child of Daniel Watson and Kate Harvison). This conversation would have been before 1961 which was when she died. It says "Many members of Watson family travled the Trail of Tears. Several of them died from cholera. Two young Watson brothers who surivved were raised by Dr. Robertson. A baby was thought to have been returned to Alabama.".

The story goes that my g-grandfather Daniel G. Watson died when he went to help out his brother who had the flu (maybe in SE Oklahoma between 1897 and 1900 ). He caught the flu and died there. We would like to know if anyone knows anything more about this family or if my information is correct/incorrect.

We have pictures of Daniel and a tintype of him and what might be his two brothers. Their names might be Thomas and Michael Watson according to the Hillabee Town Census, if anyone in this family is interested in seeing them.

Thanks for any help!
Lisa Payne

Posted: 1338228895000
Hi I'm Josh,
I'm from Pensacola, FL and my Great Grandmother was Mary Maybell Watson (b.1908, Atmore, AL). She was the daughter of Walter Herbert Watson (b.1886, Peachtree,AL).

Walter was the son of John W. Watson (b. 1853 in Peachtree, AL).

John was the son of Lewis Watson (b. about 1829 in AL) and Lewis was the son of Daniel G. and Fannie.

Hope this info helps!
Josh

Posted: 1338229002000
PS I would love to see the tin type of Daniel!

Posted: 1361974714000
Surnames: Watson
Does this Watson family connect with the Lewis Watson B abt 1750, D 1846 in Talladaga, AL who was father of Charity Watson B 1779, William Watson, and Winniford Watson?

Posted: 1458585603000
I would love to see the tin type also.

Posted: 1458585714000
I am a descendent of Daniel and Fannie Watson. They were my ggg grandparents. Would love to converse with you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic