Search for content in message boards

Brockton, MA 1939 high school football team

Brockton, MA 1939 high school football team

Posted: 15 Apr 2007 3:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gold
I have a photo of the 1939 Brockton, MA high school football team. I'm trying to ID the people in the photo. Number 13, holding the ball is my uncle, but no idea who the others are. anybody want to chip in with names / use the photo?
Attachments:

Re: Brockton, MA 1939 high school football team

Posted: 29 Dec 2009 2:09PM GMT
Sorry, can't help out with the names, but my Dad was BHS '41, so I thank you for the picture. Good luck with your I.D.s.

Posted: 31 Dec 2009 2:12PM GMT
Are you still trying to id the teammates in the photo? If so, The Brockton Enterprise (local paper) may run a copy of your photo to help you further identify the students in the picture. Chrystine

Posted: 13 Jan 2010 8:59PM GMT
Try contacting the Brockton Historical Society...

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 4:39PM GMT
Don't know if you are still looking for this information. My Mom graduated in 1939 and I was googling to try to find her a yearbook, because she never got one, and I found this query. She was very active on reunion commitee, they still have a luncheon every year and she may well be able to identify people here. Let me know if you are interested. Shame to have a great picture and not tag everyone.
Best, Maureen

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 4:55PM GMT
Hi,

It would be appreciated if your mother was able to help. The only one I know is #13 in the center. That was my uncle Bernard "Billy" Gold.

Peter

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 5:15PM GMT
Just printed the picture and I will be seeing my mother tomorrow. She said she used to walk to school with Billy Gold. She thinks she should be able to give you a few names at least.
Maureen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic