Search for content in message boards

William Lester (Luster) and Malinda Blankenship - They're lost!

William Lester (Luster) and Malinda Blankenship - They're lost!

Posted: 19 Nov 2005 3:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blankenship, Lester, Luster, Pinson, Sweeney, Rose, Goble
Hopefully someone can help me find them ~~~

What I have so far:

From Tazewell Co. , Virginia, Marriage Book 3 from 1854-1866
May 22, 1858 - William Lester, 24, born Russell Co. son of John and Ruth Lester, and Malinda Blankenship, 20, born Morgan Co., KY dau of Spencer and Polly Blankinship. Married by Gabriel Riffe.

They appear on the 1870 Johnson County Census (Rockcastle District - I think this became part of Martin County), living next door to Spencer and Polly Blankenship. Had five children: Drucilla 11, Washington 8, Gauida (? couldn't make out the name) either 6 or 0, Hiram 3, Paulina 1/2. They say Paulina was born in May of 1870. Paulina was my great grandmother - married Henry Pinson September 10, 1888 in the home of Spencer Blankenship.

On the 1880 Martin County Census, Hiram and Paulina appear, living with Spencer. No William or Malinda.

Their son, Washington, appears in the 1920 Pike County census - living with his wife Sarah J. and their children. Malinda doesn't appear with them, but she appears on the Kentucky Death Records, showing she diied in 1922 in Pike County.

So I'm going to order the death certificate for her, just to document that it is my Malinda, and if so, I can see if she's listed as a widow. In the meantime, doesn't anyone have any info about this couple - and about their other two children.

Re: William Lester (Luster) and Malinda Blankenship - They're lost!

Carolyn Copley (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2005 11:36PM GMT
Hi Dee,
I know how it is to run into a brick wall. I dropped by the courthouse today and checked a couple of items. I will try to email the info to you..........Carolyn

Dee (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2005 2:17AM GMT
You wonderful lady! I got your email, it really fleshed things out for me!

Thank you!

Posted: 16 Nov 2007 8:33PM GMT
Surnames: Blankenships
http://www.lawrencecountyohio.com

Try this link there is loads of Blankenships there.

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 9:10PM GMT
Surnames: Lester-Blankenship
My name is John Sabol...William Lester and Malinda ? are found in the 1860 Buchanan Co. Va. census in household #107. My GGGrandparents are in household #109 and are Daniel Blankenship and Sophia Lester. I can't find anything on Sophia Lester and I am wondering if William is related to her since they live so close. I'd sure appreciate any info you have on either William or Sophia that may connect the two... fenmar@sbcglobal.net

Posted: 5 Mar 2008 11:22PM GMT
Surnames: LESTER/LUSTER
WILLIAM LESTER WAS MY GGGRANDFATHER.I DO KNOW HIS SON HIRAM MARRIED LUCINDA STEPP, I THINK SHE DIED AND HE MARRIED A LADY NAMED JENNIE. WILLIAM AND LUCINDA CHILDREN ARE DIXIE,JAMES ( WHICH WAS MY GRANFATHER),WILLIAM, ELISE.WILLIAM AND JENNIE HAD 3 CHILDREN,ANDY,SHERMAN,JOHN.
JAMES MARRIED ELISE OR ELIZE SMITH THEIR CHILDREN WHERE CLIFFORD,HIRAM,PHILLIP(MY DAD),BESSIE,ADA, VADIE,AND THELMA.
IF YOU ARE RELATED TO ANY OF THE LUSTERS WOULD YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW OR IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO.I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU IF YOU CAN ADD ANYTHING WRITE BACK.

Posted: 11 Jul 2008 12:49AM GMT
Surnames: LUSTER OR LESTER
HI, MY GGRANDFATHER WAS HIRAM LUSTER. I AM HAVING TROUBLE FINDING OUT ANYTHING ON THE LUSTER(LESTER) FAMILY, IF YOU COULD HELP ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU WHAT INFO I HAVE.PLEASE CONTACT ME.WE MAY BE RELATED SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE.
THANK YOU
per page

Find a board about a specific topic