Search for content in message boards

Relatives

Drew surname

f. fuller (View posts)
Posted: 920980800000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Drew
I have this info. on Drew surname - some were in Ala/Ga & some moved on the Trail of Tears to Creeknation, IT:
One of Chief William McIntosh's wives was Susannah Rowe. They had 4 children, one of whom was Delilah (B-10/15/1818). Delilah married William Drew (B-1797, D-4/1860) and they had 5 children. Their only son was George (B-1840-'42). George married Mary Lee Hayes and they had one son. I don't have the son's name, and he supposedly died young - but my source may be wrong & there may be a tie-in. Good Luck!

Relatives

Stanley R. Drew (View posts)
Posted: 920980800000
Surnames: Drew, McCombs, Ewing, Simmons, Guess
My father's family (Robert E. Drew, Sr., 1922-1991) lived in Eufaula, OK, McIntosh County for as far back as I know. His ancestors include the McCombs and the Ewings. My mother's (Sybil Simmons, 1929-1984) family is the Guess' and the Simmons but she was from around Quinton/McAlester and my grandmother, Minnie (Guess) Simmons (1903-1998), was born around Durant, OK. Hope someone can help me find more family, particualrly on my mother's side. Don't know them hardly at all.

simmons

tammy (View posts)
Posted: 924436800000
Surnames: simmons
Hello I'm also a descendant from the simmons in the Quinton
area. Do you know any other simmons names that I could go on. I'm from Andrew Jackson Simmons, Claude W Simmons, Arthur Lee Simmons. Does any of these names ring a bell? Tammy

Simmons Descendant

Posted: 924523200000
Surnames: Simmons, Drew, McCombs
Tammy,

I believe my grandfather's name was Claude Simmons. He married Minnie Guess, a Choctaw woman born in 1903 in Bryan County near Durant in 1903, who is my grandmother, in the 1920's. She passed away last year, 1998, at the age of 94. I never knew my grandfather as he died sometime in the 1930's they told me, way before I was born (1956). If any of this sounds familiar please e-mail at sdrew@bemidji.k12.mn.us I don't know very many relatives on my grandmother's side of the family.

Thanks,

Stan

Simmons/Leonard, etc.

Posted: 924696000000
Surnames: Drew, McCombs, Ewing, Guess, Simmons
Thanks for the response to my post but my grandmother, Minnie Guess, was born in Bryan County near Durant in 1903 but married a non-Indian named Claude Simmons, I think. Don't know if he was from Quinton area or around Earlsboro. Can't say for sure, I never met him and he died in 1934 or thereabouts. Nobody talked about him or anything so that's all I know. If that rings a bell let me know. Thanks again.

Stan

SIMMONS/LEONARD/PLUMLEE/JOHNSON Ancestry

Jo Anne Neely Gomez (View posts)
Posted: 924696000000
Surnames: SIMMONS, LEONARD, PLUMLEE, JOHNSON
Please see message I have posted under LEONARD in Creek Nation queries/replies........you mention Durant and I also mention Durant in my reply to a prior query. My grandfather was a LEONARD, his grandmother was a PLUMLEE/PLUMLEY and her mother was Rachel SIMMONS. Other information at LEONARD query of today's date (4/21/99 Creek Nation). Take care and God bless you.

Simmons

Posted: 925473600000
Surnames: Sim
Tammy,

I don't have a clue either. Will check with my older sister, she tends to keep in touch with them from time to time, I think. Will let you know.

Stan

simmons

tammy (View posts)
Posted: 925473600000
Surnames: simmons
hello
my gg grandfather Claud Simmons died in 1923 in Clayton, he married a woman named Martha Fletcher. My be they were cousins or something. Do you know anything past your Claud Simmons? My Simmons came from Texas, and before that I haven't a clue. Tammy

Re: simmons

DeeDee (View posts)
Posted: 1011506361000
Surnames: Simmons, Love, Dixon, Gaines, Colberts. Chickasaw and Choctaw Lineage
I am having a lot of trouble finding my Simmons ancestors. My Simmons came from TX as well. I don't know much about that side of my family. But here is what I do know. My great grandfathers name was Ed Shelton and he married Maggie Simmons. Maggie had a brother his name was Knox Simmons (it has been said that he was a champion rodeo rider who won some type of medal which was taken by the State after finding out that he was Indian). On this side of my family I have also heard rumors of being related to Qwana Parker (I don't know how true it is because I haven't been able to find out any information on this side of my family). I don't know if we are the Simmons from the same lineage but my Simmons were from Jacksonburg TX, Gainsburg TX, and Springer OK area. Email me if you like, maybe somewhere down the line we are related, who knows? DDlaquice@aol.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Re: Relatives

Posted: 1059579353000
Edited: 1061598911000
Hello I'm looking for the family of Sarah Drew Seminole Indian, sons George Rowe, Tony Asbury, and Marshall Roe, I DONT KNOW IF SHE HAD OTHER CHILDREN OR NOT.These children took the name of their Slave Master hope you can help. THANK YOU.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic