Search for content in message boards

Dora Winifred Shearman & Naomi Shearman

Dora Winifred Shearman & Naomi Shearman

Posted: 16 Oct 2011 6:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shearman
Hi

Above are first cousins of mine twice removed. Dora was born in Gloucestershire, England in 1894. Naomi was born in Gloucestershire on 17th March 1886.

Canadian Passenger Lists 1865-1935 show them arriving in Quebec, from Avonmouth, on 3rd July 1912 as tourists. The roll number was T-4788.

USA records show that Dora crossed from Canada into the USA, at Niagara Falls on 15th February 1917. USA records show that Naomi crossed into the USA at Lewiston. She subsequently arrived back in Liverpool on 23rd March 1920 and died, as a spinster aged 95, in Gloucester in 1981.

I have been unable to trace any marriage or death in the UK in respect of Dora and wonder if she settled in Canada and maybe married and died there. I'd be grateful for any information as to what may have become of her and where the two sisters stayed / lived whilst in Canada.

Thanks very much for taking the time and trouble to read this message.

Regards

Paul

Re: Dora Winifred Shearman & Naomi Shearman

Posted: 17 Oct 2011 8:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SHEARMAN,
Hi Paul, You know that Naoimi SHEARMAN b.1886 England - arrived Canada 1912 - Crossed into 1917. returned to England 1920 -dcd age 95 1981.

Was there an Obituary published ? It may mention Dora and other family members - and their location.
Deaths of Parents or other family members - that may mention location of Dora.

Passenger List: did it mention destination other than Canada or USA - did it mention a contact person? location.

Border Crossing Canada to USA
should show - residence at the time ?? - destination ?
Name of Contact in the USA?

Have you posted to the Message Board for Ontario ?
Ontario boards are very active - very well known. read - may be much more helpful

Have you searched 1920 USA Census ? 1930 USA Census
Perhaps Dora remained in USA - not married at the time ?
Cheers, Stella

per page

Find a board about a specific topic