Search for content in message boards

STILL burial

STILL burial

Posted: 14 Sep 2009 9:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: STILL
I'm looking for a picture actually-gravestone. According to my Great Grandfathers DC, he is buried in Glens Ferry. I have never been able to locate an obituary.

His name is, Frank Allen STILL-dod March 1938

Re: STILL burial

Posted: 17 Oct 2009 4:57AM GMT
Hi,
There doesn't appear to be a genealogy or historical society in Elmore County or a Random Acts Genealogical Kindness volunteer. Your next best bet for a picture of his tombstone is to post that request on www.findagrave.com . It might take awhile for someone to take it. The name of the cemetery is Glenn Rest.

You can request a copy of his obituary from Random Acts Genealogical Kindness. Go to www.raogk.org, read guidelines, choose Idaho, Choose All. There is a volunteer (John) who does obituary lookups for the entire state. Be sure to tell him that Frank died in Boise but was buried in Glenns Ferry, Elmore Co. Successful Searching!

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 5:46PM GMT
Hi,
I found more possibilities for an index of who is buried in Glens Ferry. If you offer a donation, a member might be willing to go to the Cemetery and take a picture.

Elmore County HIstorical Museum, 1380 South 3 East, Mountain Home, ID 83647, 208-587-6847.

Glenns Ferry Historical Museum, 211 West Cleveland, Glenns Ferry, 83623, 208-366-2760.

Idaho Genealogical Society, Inc, 4620 Overland Rd, Room 204, Boise, ID 83705-2867, 208-384-0542. Successful Searching!

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 8:24PM GMT
thank you so much. I will certainly look into these options and I will be happy to make a donation for a picture! ;-)

~Tiffany

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 1:16AM GMT
If you are looking for headstones or burial info make sure you are checking findagrave.com ...... you can search by the person's name or by the cemetery name.

Posted: 23 Dec 2009 6:09AM GMT
Edited: 28 Apr 2012 5:57AM GMT
Surnames: Still
Tiffany, I have a photo of your Great Grandfathers headstone if you are still looking to get one. Frank Allen Stills sister Leona is my grandmother she is buried there also. e-mail me and I'll send it to you. Probably have more info for you too. avrylor@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic