Search for content in message boards

Creek Indian Ancestry

Creek Indian Ancestry

Posted: 1520131594000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hardy, Golden, Bush
How do you search for Creek Indian Ancestry, does it show up in DNA testing?

Re: Creek Indian Ancestry

Posted: 1520142142000
Mary

There is no DNA test that can identify an individual Tribe.

Tracing an ancestor who you believe may be Creek, is the same as tracing any of your ancestors. Start at the beginning and work backwards through each generation.
Finding out where and when they resided will help narrow things down.

It would be helpful to other researchers if you could post some specific information.
Full names.
Dates.
Locations.

Kathy Roberts

Posted: 1521336284000
Thank you Kathy Roberts,
My ancestor who the family claims was Creek Indian is my great great grandmother Mary Louise (Molly) Hardy. Here is her profile: "When Mary Louise (Molly) Hardy was born on April 10, 1859, in Alabama, her father, Mitchell, was 52, and her mother, Louisa, was 31. She married Jonathan Willis on December 25, 1875, in Escambia, Florida. They had 11 children in 19 years. She died on January 21, 1937, in Escambia, Florida, at the age of 77." Escambia County Alabama is where a large tribe of Creek Indians live, then and still today. They are called the Poarch Band of Creek Indians.
"Molly's" parents are Mitchell G. Hardy and Louisa Ann Dukes, her paternal grandparents are Jesse Hardy and Celia Golding or Golden, her maternal grandparents are Thomas Bush Dukes and Ann Montgomery.
Thanks for any help you can give me to resolve this mystery.

Posted: 1525139313000
You may want to visit the Poarch Creek Nation website and begin researching their roll. I don’t know what it was called but it shouldn’t be too difficult to figure out. Anyway, if you are searching for a descendant from the Poarch band you may find it helpful to begin there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic