Search for content in message boards

San(dy)/Santy Watson; Sallie Watson - 1900 Census - Township 10 Creek Nation

San(dy)/Santy Watson; Sallie Watson - 1900 Census - Township 10 Creek Nation

Posted: 1500049039000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Watson, Brown
Here is how this family appears on the 1900 Census:
San Watson head, 24 born Aug 1875; Sallie Watson mother age 60 born 1840; along with Joe Brown age 22 born 1878 and Lizzie Brown age 16 born 1884. Note, the later are labeled as "uncle" and "aunt".
I guess I am trying to figure out how 24-year old San Watson has an uncle Joe Brown age 22 and an aunt Lizzie age 16.
If someone can help me wrap my head around it I will be grateful.

Re: San(dy)/Santy Watson; Sallie Watson - 1900 Census - Township 10 Creek Nation

Posted: 1502029697000
Edited: 1502033307000
Wrapping: Sallie is 60 ---that means she was born about 1840; it also means that she could have been having children since 1855, but she didn't have San til she was 36 in abt 1876.
And it stands to reason that Sallie's mother could have had children from about 14-15 years of age into her forties too (which could be this uncle & aunt); Sallie's dad could have sired children from an early teenager up to when he passed away (which could be these two also - same mother as Sallie's or a new wife) ...could be a span of 50-60 years for a man! The same holds true for San's FATHER's mother & father. My mom was the youngest of ten with a 21-year span to the oldest. Therefore, this just not an unusual situation.
An easier way of putting it, is that this uncle & aunt to San, are Sallie's brother & sister, either full or 1/2, OR Sallie's brother-in-law & sister-in-law, again either full or 1/2 to San's father.
To know the exact relationship ( San's mother's or father's side of the family), you'd have to do your tree / branches. If you need help with that, can help you.

Re: San(dy)/Santy Watson; Sallie Watson - 1900 Census - Township 10 Creek Nation

Posted: 1502050902000
OK, what you say makes sense. Thanks for walking me through it!

Posted: 1502052363000
Their Creek Nation citizenship cards are all on ancestry - you may already have them but if not and you don't know how to get them:
on ancestry = top line: search
then card catalog
then nothing else but into keyword(s) put: enrollment cards
You'll get U S , Native American Cards for the Five Civilized Tribes, etc....
The connection among these people should be on there....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic