Search for content in message boards

Vance ,Tedrick

Vance ,Tedrick

John Tedrick (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2002 1:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tedrick, Vance
I need help with the Tedrick's that were in Fayette County, Two Tedrick sisters, Hannah married Davis Vance, Margaret married Hugh Vance. Around 1835 these families moved to Highland County, Ohio.there also was a Jacob Tedrick and a Samuel Tedrick in Fayette County.

Re: Vance ,Tedrick

Posted: 30 Oct 2002 10:23PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jan 2004 2:44PM GMT
Surnames: Tedrick, Vance
Fayette County I have Tedrick in my line who are from
this county in Pa. Also my great grandmothers middle
name as it appears on her death cetificate is Margaret
Vance Tallentire her madien name was Tedrick.

I would like to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail me
at awatkins@wcoil.com

Posted: 6 Jun 2008 6:51PM GMT
Our VANCE family is also researching Hannah and Margaret TEDRICK, who married into our family. We are looking for the parents and siblings of both Hannah and Margaret. We think they may have been living in Fayette County, PA - possibly Georges Township - in the late 1700s to early 1800s. Hannah married in 1807 while Margaret married in 1810. We think they may have been sisters, but no documentation as yet. Please contact me if you are still interested.

Posted: 20 Apr 2012 4:09PM GMT
Hi, I"m a family researcher from Fayette Co. Pa. I just recently read your info on Ancestry.com regarding the Vance-Tedrick families. I was contacted recently by a Robert Dedrick who's ancestor was from the Fairchance Pa. area. The Dedrick name was also known as Tedrick. I think I can shed some light on this family if interested. kathryn Cooley Miller kcmiller9 @gmail.com

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 6:52AM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2013 6:55AM GMT
Surnames: Dedrick, Teadrick, Tedrick, Tallentire, Vance
After researching the Dedrick and Tedrick families in Fayette County, PA in the early 1800s for four years with the help of JMWalsh and ILCann, it looks like the parents of Hannah and Margaret were Jacob and Rossanna Dedrick/Teadrick in Georges Twp in the Censuses of 1800 and 1810. The ages of Hannah and Margaret fit the two young females in this household in 1800. Hannah married Davis in 1807 so does not appear in the Census of 1810 with Jacob's family. Margaret married Hugh Vance on 10 Aug 1810, she may or may not be the young female in this household since the cutoff date for the Census of 1810 was Aug 6th (but the enumerators were allowed and additonal 10 mo to collect the data). Margaret is definitely in the household of Hugh Vance living next door to Jacob Teadrick in 1810, as evidenced by their young daughter. The other adult male in Jacob's household was Jacob Tedrick Jr. The youngest male (b. 1802) was Jacob (III), son of Jacob Jr. Jacob (III) appears in the Census of 1850 for Springhill Twp with wife Margaret and their children. Most of this latter family were buried in the Woodbridge Union Cemetery. Notably, Jacob and Margaret's daughter Margaret (b. 1849) was given the middle name Vance. She married Howard Tallentire and moved to Ashland, OH. So John, it took three of us about four years to figure this out, but it looks like Hannah and Margaret were sisters after all.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic