Search for content in message boards

Berend Jelke Bos descendants

Berend Jelke Bos descendants

Diane Harkins (View posts)
Posted: 958910400000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Berend Jelke Bos, Jelke Berend Bos, Grietje Folma
I am looking for the names of any children born to Berend Bos and Grietje Folman. They were my g,g,g,g,grandparents. They lived in the Gasselte, Drente area during the late 1700's. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

ancestors in Gasselte

Posted: 959083200000
Edited: 1152220803000
Surnames: Bokhout, Spekman, Roobol, Lintelo
Dear Diane,

The GenLias database (index to the civil registry, see http://www-lias.rad.archief.nl/genlias/ara/logon?cid=-1) does contain information about the late 18th century, although it was started in 1811. I found:

(Gasselte, 24 May 1846) death of Annechien Berends Bos, born in Anloo 20 Dec 1798, dr. of Berend Jelkes Bos and Grietje Folma. She died 23 May 1846 and was the wife of Reint Roossien [I could have known ;-) ]

Other children I did not find, their death were not in GenLias either. This could mean that they moved to Groningen, there was a lot of "traffic" between Gasselte (Drenthe) and Wildervank/Onstwedde (Groningen), e.g., and of Groningen there's not much in the database yet.

Good luck!

Lars Roobol

Berend Jelkes Bos

Hans Homan Free (View posts)
Posted: 959256000000
Surnames: Bos, Lanting
In the churchbook of Anloo I did not find a Jelke or a Berend, son of Jelke. A marriage is listed between Harm Hindriks Lanting and Sijbrigje Jelkes on 6-5-1798. Sijbrigje is possibly a sister of Berend Jelkes. Sijbrigje is listed as being of Annerveensche Compagnie. Checking of the lidmatenregister might give a clue where Berend Jelkes came from. The name is not typical for Drenthe.
Annegien, daughter of Berend Jelkes and Grietien Freriks is bapt. on 16-12-1798, so as usual, the date listed in the death certificate is wrong. This daughter was baptized in DE Kiel, but the baptism was recorded in Anloo. Born Annerveensche Compagnie.

Berend Jelke Bos

Diane Harkins (View posts)
Posted: 960033600000
Thank you for researching the name for me. I have a grandfather in my Friesian line of the family whose first name was also Jelke. Could this ggggrandfather also have originally come from Friesland?

Jelke Berends Bos

Hans Homan Free (View posts)
Posted: 960120000000
Indeed the surname Jelke could point to a Frisian ancestor.

Jelke Bos

Posted: 960292800000
Edited: 1152220803000
Surnames: Bokhout, Lintelo, Roobol, Spekman
Dear Diane,

I've looked for a marriage between a Berend Jelkes (Bos) and Grietje (Folma) for you in the province of Groningen, without any result whatsoever. I must conclude that they did not come from Groningen, which adds more value to the previously given suggestion that they might have come from Friesland.

Good luck!

Lars Roobol

Re: Berend Jelke Bos descendants

Posted: 1389531773000
Hallo Diane.

Did you have an answer to your question on May 21, 2000:

I am looking for the names of any children born to Berend Bos and Grietje
Folman. They were my g,g,g,g,grandparents. They lived in the Gasselte,
Drente area during the late 1700's. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps I can help you.

Kind regards, Henk Boon.

Re: Berend Jelke Bos descendants

Posted: 1414253305000
Henk, the children I have for Berend Jelkes Bos and Grietje Folman aka Geertje Freerks Toornman
are: Annechiend Berents Bos, Geertruid Berends Bos, Hinderkien Berends Bos, Jelke Berends Bos, Frederika Berends Bos, and Fokkien Berends Bos.

They married in Wildervank on Aug. 12, 1797 but later the family was in Wildervank, then Nieuw Buinen.
The last child, Fokkien, was born in Nieuw Pekela in 1816. This information is from Genlias.
Hope this helps. Diane Harkins
per page

Find a board about a specific topic