Search for content in message boards

Caterlins???

Caterlins???

Posted: 9 Mar 2010 10:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Anyone know anything about Caterlins that died in 1986. Thomas Caterlin and Florence Caterlin.

Re: Caterlins???

Posted: 13 Jun 2010 9:58PM GMT
Not related. Found a few items on newspaper archive.com; among the articles were several about Tom Caterlin’s being a community leader and many about the Caterlin Nursery.

Wellington Leader
Wellington, Texas
March 30, 1972
Page 5
Mr. and Mrs. TOM CATERLIN were in Claude Sunday to visit their daughter, Mr. and Mrs. A. F. THORNTON, and their granddaughter, Mr. and Mrs. BOB BYRD and family.l

September 6, 1973
Page 3
Personal
Visiting with Mr. and Mrs. TOM CATERLIN was their grandson, MIKE CATERLIN, from Ft. Riley, Kansas. He is the son of Mr. and Mrs. TOMMY CATERLIN of Wasco, California. Mrs. Caterlin has been in Claude spending a few days with her granddaughter, Mr. and Mrs. BOB BYRD and children.

Posted: 13 Jun 2010 11:32PM GMT
Those articles are very helpful. However, I believe the original inquirer has most of the information needed to answer his/her query. His/her other posting seeks information on Caterlins from Arkansas that settled in California. That's where Thomas O. Jr.(?) was born and died. His mother was Dovie Parker who wed his father 22 Sep 1923 in Independence County, AR. Thomas O. Sr.'s parents are a mystery that can possibly be solved by purchasing a copy of his, or brother Henry's, original social security card application? Their mother could have been the daughter of Martha J. Clark or Martha E. Mathis? Robert F. Lassiter married (1) Martha J. Clark 24 Nov 1867. Later, 18 May 1873, he married Martha E. Mathis. He evidently loved Martha(s)?(lol) Anyway, Martha Mathis brought children who blended with those of Martha Clark. Confused? Me too!!! See "Garner/Vaulner Family Tree" owned by franeperl58 at http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/4103330/person/-1111741472

Posted: 27 Sep 2010 8:02PM GMT
Thomas (Tom) and Forence Caterlin operated a nursery in Wellington. Tom was also a carpenter for many years. I also remember my father buying cattle from him back in the early 1960's We considered buying his home and nursery when he closed the business.
Tom O and Forence E are buried in the North View Cemetery in Sec D, row 7
Tom dob 12-23-1905 dod 7-8-1986
Florence E dob 10-07-1908 dod 6-13-1986

Posted: 27 Sep 2010 8:07PM GMT
Lottie M Moody, sister of Florence Caterlin is buried next to her grave plot.
Lottie M Moody dob 5-15-1905 dod 7-25-1988
Hope this is also some info you may need.

Check out the Collingsworth County website, All the names of the cemeteries are listed there.
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txcollin/
per page

Find a board about a specific topic