Search for content in message boards

Phoebe TUCKER Cunningham

Phoebe TUCKER Cunningham

Posted: 8 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jun 2005 10:55PM GMT
Surnames: TUCKER, CUNNINGHAM
I am searching for the parents of Phoebe Tucker. Phoebe was born in 1761. She was captured by Indians while a young mother and 4 of her children were murdered. She lived in what was Va. then but what in now WV. I am her 4th GGranddaughter. I do not have any information on her parents or brothers or sisters. She married Thomas Cunningham in 1777. Phoebe is buried in Calhoun Cty, WV. Thomas is buried in Ritchie Cty, WV. Their daughter Rachel married Isaac Sanson Collins of which I am a descendant.

TUCKER

Carolynne D. Deremiah (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Phebe Tucker was born in England in 1761. April 1775-1776 she married Thomas Cunningham at Pricketts Fort (north of Fairmont, Marion Co. West Virgina) died 1845 Calhoun Co.

Father was William Tucker. Still looking for her mothers name.

Rachel Collins had 9 childern. Which one are you related to and will you send me your pedigree from Rachel please. I am related to Adam Cunningham Jr. though Sarah Sinnett so I am putting as many of the family as I can find on the internet.

Carolynne

Cunningham

Carolynne D. Parks Deremiah (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
I am related to Patrick Sinnett. His son George, Sarah Cunninghams brother, had a son Samuel, who had a daughter Joanna, who had a daughter Della who married Sherman Parks, parents to my father Kenneth B. Parks. All he had was me, six grandchildren, six greatgrandchildren, to step greatgrandchildren and two step great-
greatgrandchildren. But there is no Cunninghams except for cousins. One of my grandfather's brothers married Nellie Cunningham who is related to Sarah and Adam. Another cousin married a Omar Cunningham but I haven't related him to the Cunningham family yet. Still working on that.

Will let you know if I came across when Phebe's father came to this country.

Carolynne D. Parks Deremiah

Phoebe (TUCKER) Cunningham

Posted: 13 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2005 10:55PM GMT
Surnames: TUCKER, CUNNINGHAM
Carolynne,

Thanks for your response to my query about Phoebe TUCKER Cunningham. Every little bit helps. I would appreciate hearing if you should gain more inf. on her family. I have hit a dead end on this line of my family. You asked that I send you a pedigree of my family.

Rachel Cunningham was my 3ggrandmother.

Rachel Cunningham b. 1794 d. 15 Dec. 1882
married on 6 Oct. 1812
to Isaac Sanson Collins b. 1792 d. 12 Nov.1873

their son was
Felix W. Collins b. 1816 d. 4 Oct. 1882
married Jan. 1842
to Lovina Tharpe b. 29 Jan. 1826 d. 18 Oct 1896

their son was
Isaac Sutton Collins b. 13 Sept. 1843 d. 24 July 1918

married 23 Mar. 1865
to Amanda Barr b. 23 Mar. 1844 d. 3 Feb. 1911

their son was
John Wesley Collins b. 16 Oct. 1868 d. 13 Feb. 1953

married 29 Jan. 1893
to Jeanettie Bartlett b. 13 Aug. 1871 d. 10 May 1904

their son was
Hayward Wesley Collins b. 31 Jan. 1899 d. 19 Oct. 1979

marrried 30 April 1921
to Annabelle McGill b.21 April 1900 d. 10 Nov. 1942
their daughter was
Norma Jane Collins b. 14 July 1938

I hope this helps you and might help some others.

Janie

Pheobe TUCKER Cunningham

Dee Bright (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT

Phoebe Tucker, dau. of William, m. Thomas Cunningham, son of Hugh and Agnes Tucker Cunningham. Their dau. Sira Leah, m. Rev. Benjamin Hardman. Their dau. Phebe, m. Phillip J. Frederick, Sr. Their son Edward L., m. Rachel E. Richards. Their dau. Christine Ann (Chris Ann) m. T. U. Cogar. They are my parents.

Phoebe was taken captive by the Indians and several of her children were killed. Phoebe was a captive for a period of three years. For the rest of the story, e-mail me.

Dee

Re: Phoebe TUCKER Cunningham

Posted: 27 Jun 2002 12:49AM GMT
Surnames: Tucker, Cunningham and Modisett
Was glad to read your information on Phoebe Tucker Cunningham. I belong to the National Daughters of the American Revolution and Phoebe is one of my Ancestors. She is listed as a Patriot in W.V. History from Ritchie Co I am a native of WV. My link to Pheobe is through Olive Rebecca Modisett McIntire my Grand Mother. She was a blood line of John C. Modisett whose first wife was Hannah E, Cunningham Osborn and a blood line of Benjamin Cunningham. His first wife was Hannah Riddle Cunningham. Benjamin was the child by blood line of Thomas Cunningham born 1748 at Dublin, Ireland and died at Hughes River, Ritchie Co. His wife was Phoebe Tucker & they married Apr. 1776 Harrison Co. now Ft. Prickett Marion Co.WV. Your information will fit in and I thank you so much.

Posted: 29 Jun 2002 12:48AM GMT
Edited: 27 Oct 2002 7:48PM GMT
Surnames: Cunningham, Smith, Barr, Collins,Weaver, Fast, Fleming
I am also a descendant of Thomas and Phebe Tucker Cunningham, thru their dau Rachel who married Isaac Collins.
I am a DAR also but haven't used Thomas yet--I hope to do that soon but didn't realize that Phebe was considered a Patriot too. Someone else mentioned it to me and i did a search on the DAR website under Partiot look-up and she was not listed. Has she just been accepted recently? It would be great to use her too.

Rebecca Starkey Botluk (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2002 3:28AM GMT
Have been a member of the Steubenville Ohio Chapter DAR for almost 20 yrs. Used Phoebe Cunningham some time ago. My surnames are Starkey, McIntire, John C. Modisett, Hannah Cunningham Modisett daughter of Benjamin Cunningham and he was child blood line of Thomas Cunningham husband of Phoebe Tucker. Rachel is listed as one of her children on my papers. Thomas was a Patriot as well. Much information in the Ritchie Co. WV History. Would like to hear more from you.

Re: TUCKER

Posted: 4 Feb 2006 5:07PM GMT
Surnames: Tucker
I am the 4th Great Gran. dau. of Phebe Tucker Cunningham. I have been trying to document who her father is. Can you shed some light on this matter for me? I read that you show William to be her father. I appreciate anything you could give me to help with proof in this area of my family tree. Thanks.

A distant cousin,
Patricia Richards
E-mail address: SavageAngel123@aol.com

Posted: 4 Jan 2007 9:13PM GMT
My name is Mary Davis. my grfather was Brooks collins his father was Oliver Collins .Oliver father was Isaac Collinsborn in Va, move to Miss. his father was Felix Collins,Isaac S Collins, his father. John Collins was his father their wives were Nancy,Lucy,Esther.Luvinia,Tharp or Cunningham
per page

Find a board about a specific topic