Search for content in message boards

Sidney Ira Taylor b. Mississippi 1838

Sidney Ira Taylor b. Mississippi 1838

Posted: 11 Apr 2012 10:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have to post again. I'll remove this when my time is up. I thought in three months time I could find my Great Grandfathe Sidney Ira Taylor's family. I know his married family but not the one he came from. I know he and his father both were born in Mississippi. I have twice thought I had it but both times have proven wrong. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Family stories have him leaving a plantation somewhere in the South. Serving in the Civil War on the Condederate side. Getting Malaria while in the war and dieing in Shreveport in 1871. He has to have family somewhere. thanks for any suggestions. A war record I got on 2fold was for S. Taylor and I now think I have found that man and his family but he had no brothers. I was hoping Sidney was his. Thanks.

Re: Sidney Ira Taylor b. Mississippi 1838

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 5:36AM GMT
Update. Still looking but having to take care of my other families. Found a new Civil War record for Ira his middle name. It's very similar to S. Taylor but has him placed in Loundes County, Mississippi where I now am able to find him in an 1860 census. They called his wife Mrs. Taylor. Had not thought of that one. Crawfordsville, MS at least in 1860. Columbus near by has some families I am looking into. Would love to know where he came from. Mother and Father's names. 1850 only census that I can find a Sidney close to his age have him living with a famiy while a student and makes him b in 1834 instead of 1838 so not sure about that one. Any ideas of ways I can look for him?

Posted: 4 May 2012 9:55PM GMT
My time here on Ancestry is going by way to quickly. No further except for today I found an I Taylor in the Civil War that interests me. He was born in 1802 or 1794. How could he have been in the Cavalry reserves and ended up a POW? I already have posted on a Civl War board. Monroe County, Mississipp between the two places I have looked really hard Lowndes and Itawamba. Hate to leave without knowing but it's looking that way. Thanks for reading.

Posted: 23 May 2012 5:17PM GMT
I regretfully have to say my time is up. I did just put in Taylor Illinois 1820 since I found Sidney Ira sometimes said his Mother was born in ILL and I found an Ellen who had died of Typhoid fever and all I can find is she was from England and no other records but on one of the lists for mortality it shows her husband William also died. Very sad. My Grandfather was named William. I guess this is something I had in the back of my mind for a long time. Not going to take this off because I will be back and maybe someday someone will see this. Sadly, Clarissa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic