Search for content in message boards

DOSEK

DOSEK

Laraine (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2006 12:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Request information for DOSEK family from Czechoslovakia. Wenzel DOSEK born about 1884 married Antonia, they came to Australia about 1913. Children known are Marie Dosek born Czechoslovakia and Francis Joseph DOSEK born Western Australia 1914.

Re: DOSEK

Posted: 12 Sep 2006 3:33AM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 3:35PM GMT
Laraine

Surname DOSEK does show up in Jihomoravsky obvod's phone book. http://phone.quick.cz
You need to locate a precise place of birth to proceed with the research.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~elainetmaddox/index...
www.iarelative.com
www.surnamenavigator.org
www.genea.cz/ruzne/svet.htm#13.D

Laraine (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2006 11:33AM GMT
Hi, thanks for the websites you left, sorry I've been slow in answering.
I have been checking through them, I've picked up a few bits of interest and I'm learning a bit about the country as well, because i virtually knew nothing. I'm still waiting on a death certificate for Wenzel Dosek that I'm hoping will have his birthplace on it.

Posted: 20 Sep 2006 11:40AM GMT
Your welcome Laraine.
As long as you were notified about the post.
Do you know maiden name of Wencel / Vencel DOSEKs wife? That surname could be a clue. You might want to take a look at DOSEKs that came thru Ellis Island to America. www.ellisislandrecords.org just to give you some idea as from where they were.
www.cgsi.org
www.csagsi.org
www.ncsml.org
www.jiznicechy.org
www.helenezx.homestead.com
Just throwing out some more websites for you to look at.

Laraine (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2006 11:57AM GMT
Thank you Zlatica, that's a good suggestion about Ellis Island, I didn't look at that, knowing that none of this family went to USA. That's not to say that maybe Wenzel's siblings might have gone to USA though.
Wenzel's wife's name was Antoria Anna but no, I don't know the maiden name as yet. I see that you gave the spelling of Wenzel as Wencel and Vencel, are they more likely true spellings than the one I've got.Just for interest can I ask in what country you live and if you are Czech, hope that's not a rude question.

Posted: 20 Sep 2006 12:10PM GMT
Laraine

The Czech alphabet does not have a W but the sound of it comes out as a Czech V.
I am in US, born under Czechoslovakia's flag in Slovakia.
A first name translation: http://topolcsanyi.alphalink.com.au/names

Laraine (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2006 1:14PM GMT
Thanks for that. I am Western Australian born and live here. Doing research for my daughter in law.

Posted: 2 Jul 2007 3:10PM GMT
Hi
I just came across your post on the net, I've recently become interested in my families heritage. Wenzel and Antonio are my great grandparents and Joseph Francis Dosek was my grandfather, He had a sister Marie and a brother too, I think his name was frank. Why are you interested in the Dosek's? Are you related?
Regards
Amy

Posted: 2 Jul 2007 5:49PM GMT
Hi Thanks for your reply. I am not related but have been trying to research for my son's partner who is related to the Dosek family. I am happy to share the information I have on the family so far if you are interested.

Posted: 15 Jul 2007 1:11PM GMT
Surnames: dosek
Hi my names Kylie Dosek and i'm Francis Joseph Doseks grandaughter.Born Western Australia now living in the north of England.Let me know if i can be of any help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic