Search for content in message boards

Murray, Lester, + Green's (who owned Inn) Musquodoboit

Murray, Lester, + Green's (who owned Inn) Musquodoboit

Posted: 16 May 2002 6:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Murray, Lester, Green
i am looking for any information on WILLIAM MURRAY who was i believe a jail warden, or judge, he lived in middle musquodoboit, (was born around the mid 1850's?) he had a child (also william murray b. 1883) out of wedlock with NORAH E. LESTER who was also from Halifax. They gave the child to a family called the GREEN'S, who owned an Inn in Middle Musquodoboit. My mother once had one of the first phone directories (assuming from after 1883?) from middle musquodoboit, and it only had about 10 name's on it and one of them was the inn that the Green's owned. please help if you have any info thank you.

please reply to KCAOB@AOL.COM (NOT familyrootseeker, thank you)

Re: Murray, Lester, + Green's (who owned Inn) Musquodoboit

Posted: 14 Jan 2010 4:12AM GMT
Surnames: Murray, Beazley
Hi Patrick. I'm doing some research for a friend of mine (Her username) on her family tree. Your data correlates in an interesting way with hers.

William Murray, bn Dec 20th 1829, was Superintendent of a prison in Halifax, Rockhead City Prison. He was Superintendent there for decades, past his 81st year (census of 1911). He had a son, Goerge W Murray (middle name unknown as yet, William??) bn May, 1853, the oldest of William and Martha Murray. Family oral history states that due to George W's marriage to a Catholic wife, the family of Baptists disowned him. He wouldnt inherit either. My friend's family of course only got George W's side of the story.

Posted: 16 Jan 2010 9:33PM GMT
i noticed you were looking for a Murray, can you please let me know if happen to come across a Bessie along your way? thanks.

Posted: 12 May 2012 2:35AM GMT
Hello, Any more info on William Murray who was the superintendent of the prison in Halifax?

Thanks,

Casey

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 2:43AM GMT
What would you like to know? Children and Spouse? Vital stats? Stories connected with his children?

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 7:27PM GMT
If you are still out there, I have a Bessie Murray daughter of William Albert and Emma (Herron or Hearn) born around 1896 in MA (maybe Salem or Malden?), married an Everett Lovejoy (3 children that I can find: Louise, Winona, and Everett Jr.). I have her living in Sackville, NB in 1901 and Somerville, MA in 1910 & 1920, and in Billerica, MA in 1930.
I hope this helps,

John
per page

Find a board about a specific topic