Search for content in message boards

Reichard - OH & PA (Richart,Richard?) Any Help?

Reichard - OH & PA (Richart,Richard?) Any Help?

Posted: 3 Jun 2010 3:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Richart, Reichard, Reichard
I am trying to decipher my Richard (Richart, Reichard, Reichard) family and need help. I believe the line goes as follows:

1.) Loyal Orlando Richard 1907-1969
m. Maxine Wicker
2.) Jesse Richard 1861-1938
B&D in West Jefferson, Williams Co. Ohio,
m1)Catherine Kain Children: Clarence, +2 (Clem?)
m2)Fanny Cromwell children: Victor, Loyal, Della, Ulla
3.)John Richart 1827-1896
B. Pennsylvania
D. West Jefferson, Williams Co. Ohio
m: Nancy Ann(e) Best.
First store owner in West Jefferson
4.)Charles Richart (Jr?) Westmoreland, Pa?
?m. Cateherine Smith
5.)Charles Reichart (Sr.)/Richart/Reichard
?m. Elizabeth Smith
6.) Jacob Reichard

I have found bits and pieces but am trying to make all the connections and trying to find the documentation to validate all the bits and pieces. Any information would be welcome!

Re: Reichard - OH & PA (Richart,Richard?) Any Help?

Posted: 1 Apr 2012 12:31AM GMT
Surnames: reichardt, reichart, reichard, richard, richart, stough, stauch
I'm getting closer, able to make a few changes...

1.) Loyal Orlando Richard 1907-1969
m. Maxine Wicker

2.) Jesse Richard 1861-1938
B&D in West Jefferson, Williams Co. Ohio,
m1)Catherine Kain Children: Clarence, +2 (Clem?)
m2)Fanny Cromwell children: Ulla, Victor, Loyal, Della

3.)John Richart 1827-1896
B. Westmoreland, Pennsylvania
D. West Jefferson, Williams Co. Ohio
m: Nancy Ann(e) Best.
First store owner in West Jefferson

4.)Charles Richart (Jr?) Westmoreland, Pa?
m. Catherine Smith

5.)Charles Reichart (Sr.)/Richart/Reichard
?m. Elizabeth Stough/staugh

6.) Jacob Reichard ?

Re: Reichard - OH & PA (Richart,Richard?) Any Help?

Posted: 21 Mar 2014 4:43AM GMT
Edited: 21 Mar 2014 4:58AM GMT
Surnames: Richard, Moyer Myer, Fetter, Kean and Craig, Smith (Schmidt), Lenhart,Bright
I have a Richard family in Westmoreland County PA. I can trace them pretty much from the Revolutionary War times, 1795 when Westmoreland County was formed and pretty much up to present day. One branch migrated east to New England in the mid 1800's. One branch migrated to Lebanon, Laclede County, MO. Another branch went to Ohio. That branch was headed by John Richard. (Various spellings) I don't know a lot about my John. I know he enlisted in the Civil War with his brothers James and Samuel in 1863. James is the man who moved to MO. Samuel remained in Westmoreland County. Samuel was the youngest of these three having been born in about 1831. Their father's name was Samuel and their Grandfather was Henry (found as Henery in several places) Needless to say almost, all these men had their names spelled different ways. The Branches in MO and CT all spelled their names in the English form of Richard even though various others wrote it in census etc as almost anything. Regar, Richert, Reichert etc. About all I have on my John is that he shows up in his fathers probate papers and another Richard from Westmoreland wrote that he had a large family out there and at some point returned to Westmoreland and lived with his widowed sister (Roseann) outside Derry. I should also add that there is a family story that we had a John killed in Tennessee in the Civil War. IF it were the John I mentioned above who is in the probate record I don't know who the John in Ohio is. The probate started in 1851 but was not completed for some years due to some of the children being minors at the time. But it was done before the three brothers enlisted.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic