Search for content in message boards

Welmer Family of Bartholomew County

Welmer Family of Bartholomew County

Posted: 25 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2002 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Welmer, Von Fange, Ritttman, Vorwald, Davis, Foreman, Burbrink, Schlehuser
I'm looking for any info on the above surnames, ancestors who lived in Bartholomew county. I tried to e-mail some of the people looking for the same surnames on the inquiry list but cannot seem to reach them. I looked up the St. John's Lutheran Church in White Creek and my Grandfather's record appears to be missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
E-Mail: TPSwanger@aol.com

Von Fange Surname

Paul von Fange (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Von Fange, Welmer, Zuroeveste, Nentrup, Aufdemberge, Ahlbrand
Hi Toby - what you looking for? How do you connect to the Von Fange family? Do you know my 'cousins' Taletha and Otho Welmer? Who else is looking for these surnames?

Paul

Vorwald

Pat Anderegg (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Our Vorwald family is always looking for lost members.

Who are your Vorwalds and where did they settle?

Ours are from Iowa, Wisconsin and many other states.

Pat

burbrink

Posted: 5 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2001 4:37AM GMT
Surnames: burbrink
Toby- I might have some info that could help you in your search. I have copied of the Cemetery list at White Creek in Bartholomew Co. My gg grandmother was a Burbrink nee Meier and her sisters were married to a Vorwald and an Irle and a Vonfange. I think I might have this mixed up, I don't have my notes nearby. Anyway, I also have the Jonesville Cemetery List and I know there are Welmers buried there. Let me know if you are still searching.

Nentrup

Barb (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Nentrup
Thanks. I have been in touch with Erich and he has given me all he has on the Nentrups. I have learned elsewhere that John Henry Nentrup's sister Mary married a Henry Offenbarger. Also that my ancestor William Nentrup lived next to them in Brownstown Twp, Jackson Co. and when he died about 1844, the Offenbargers became guardians of the children John Henry, Henry William, Joseph Henry and Louise. I have seen various spellings of the Aufdenberger/Aufdenberg/Offenbarger name and think is is all one. I am still trying to sort the Jackson County Nentrup family out.

There seems to be two Nentrup families who migrated to Jackson County. but I don't know who belongs to which.

I believe that John Henry who married Mary Knostman, Henry who lived in Cincinnati then Missouri, Mary Aufdenbarger and my William who married Sophia are all one family, along with your Minnie Ohman's mother and another girl, but do not know if the Francis Joseph who came in 1819 and his sister Anna Marie who married Francis Kamman are in that family or whether they are cousins.

Nentrup and Aufdemberge

Paul (View posts)
Surnames: Von Fange, Nentrup, Aufdemberge, Zuroeveste, Bode, Kruse, Ohman
Barb:
Just off the top of my head, the only connection I know of is that my great-grandfather, William Von Fange was married to Wilhelmina Nentrup; his brother John Dietrich Von Fange was married to Lizette Nentrup, Wilhelmina's sister! and their sister Cathryn Von Fange married an Aufdemberge, all in Bartholomew County during the 1860s. You might try my father Erich if you have additional questions: fangmer@lni.net.
Paul

Nentrup

Barb (View posts)
Surnames: Nentrup
Do you know the connection between Nentrup and Aufdenberg?

Barb

Re: Vorwald

Posted: 14 May 2002 2:24AM GMT
1883 Mary Theresa (May) Vorwald born in St. Jo, MO - her parents were Fredrick and Mary (Bucker,buckner) Vorwald - his parents may have been Francis & Catherine Vorwald -he was born 1843 in cincinnati OHIO - found in 1850 census. Fredrick had older sister Ephemia and younger twin brothers, Henry & /Casper - ephemia born in Germany, but rest born in OHIO. 9th ward 28 sept image 27 any more infor greatly appreciated. Marge in washington state

Re: Welmer Family of Bartholomew County

Posted: 19 Jun 2002 12:24PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2003 8:58PM GMT
Surnames: WELMER, DONHOST
Looking for info for: MALINDA or MATILDA WELMER.
She married LEWIS or LOUIS DONHOST March 2, 1876,
Bartholomew Co. IN.

Willis.

Re: Welmer Family of Bartholomew County

Posted: 24 Jun 2002 1:31AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2002 2:36AM GMT
Hi Willis,
I looked through some of my info and couldn't find a Malinda or Matilda Welmer or a Louis/Lewis Donhost. Although the names both looked familiar to me. I was back in Indiana a few years ago and met some people who gave me quite a bit of new info. Unfortuanately I am packing to move right now and am unable to put my hands on it. I will keep searching however and see if/when I find it, if those names are among it. I don't have a direct address for you so I will just post my findings here and hope you can find your way back unless you send me your e-mail address. Thanks, Toby
per page

Find a board about a specific topic